Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry Becky, I'm likely to be either very quiet to begin with or I'm likely to make a complete pratt of myself by saying something really stupid. It's best to just ignore anything I say in the first few weeks, lol.

Lots of Pyschologists around here! Wish I could say I was one too, but I'm kinda glad looking at the grades you need

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty happy to talk to new people... It's talking to people I know but haven't seeen for a while that I have trouble with I'm sure we'll both be ok!

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty shy to. :p:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypermicrospace)
    We shall soon find out, i suppose it could be quite amusing. I'll be taking something that can wedge my door open so that i'm forced to talk to people.
    Yay! You came into the thread Now I'm not the only Clinical Psychologist in here.

Haha, I used to play Road Rash on the Sega Megadrive, it was awesome, especially the Kenya map.

You can watch most of the episodes of the IT Crowd on the 4oD archive deally, or just stream them off ninjavideo.

Oh and yay for social awkwardness

PS. I'm writing this from the Canary Islands; It's sunny so I'm going outside :P

ReputationRep:
    Some people... On holiday, tut! *Not jealous, not jealous :p:*

Has anyone else been thinking about their results recently? I had a random panic attack that I'd failed completly the other day, for no reason. Twas strange.

ReputationRep:
    Erm... Kinda failed epically last year so I need higher grades than I should this year, lol. I only need BCC (and I need to actually get the BCC at a decent level, I don't think a low B would get me an overall B) but I'm a little unsure of whether I've pulled it out of the bag or not. The first two weeks after exam I was like "Helll yeh!" now I'm like "Ermmm... Crap."

ReputationRep:
    Same here :rolleyes: I need BBC. I don't think its happening!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sociology was a bummer this year
    and I'm supposed to be doing it at uni! oh lol.

in other news I just got called for an interview for Tescos tomorrow morning. My money trouble may be overrrrrr. But its like, 35-40hrs per week, night shifts!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I found that with exams as well.. that I came out quite happy and now Ive had time to think about it Im freaking out. I need BCC as well.. Im predicted ABC but that is neevver going to happen.
    Tesco night shifts would be ikky but dont you get payed double to work in the night?! Go for it if you do!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    yep you get night premiums...something like £1.22 until 12am and then £1.50 or maybe it was £1.80 until 6/7am? I really can't remember :p:

But yeah, that's on top of a pretty decent wage anyway, so its good money just a hard job!

I hate interviews, I only ever had one as the first job I applied for I got lol

how everyone else planning to spend the summer? anyone going travelling with friends or doing interesting work experience/jobs?

ReputationRep:
    :O You guys are lucky, you only need BCC to get into Kent!

I need ABB, and that was my lowest offer, so I don't even have an insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypermicrospace)
    Hello, i know i've probably arrived here a bit late but nevermind.

I'm becky and will hopefully be going to Canterbury in Sept to study applied psych with clinical psych as long as i get ABB.
    I prefer the neuroanatomical/chemical side because it's more fun than the other perspectives even if it is horrifically flawed!

I like playing computer/xbox 360 games (Burnout paradise, Thief, Age of empires etc.) and amiga games (fire and ice, mortal kombat, road rash) although i haven't managed to find a good amiga emulator for windows so have been using my friend's one on linux.
    I also like talking about games...but bear with me on that one, i certainly talk about other stuff too but am most enthusiastic about some of these games. :rolleyes:

I like films too, i have quite a few decent korean ones (old boy, Lady vengeance etc.) and i like the odd bit of anime...i'm one of those people that loves watching it but probably couldn't name a character, so won't be joining the anime society.

other than that...i read discworld books occasionally and am very quiet in groups larger than 3/4 because i'm not sure when to talk, so i don't bother.

Hope that wasn't too uninteresting for you

ah and just noticed from the very first post that godspeedgehenna likes the IT crowd so i shall want to somehow steal episodes from you if possible (i won't have a tv license...laptop all the way!)

are u serious u play xbox 360 wow thats great one more xbox person!!! who else is bringing a 360 to uni? i really hope they open the ports so we can play xbox live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justinkoo)
    are u serious u play xbox 360 wow thats great one more xbox person!!! who else is bringing a 360 to uni? i really hope they open the ports so we can play xbox live

I may do...although dragging all my stuff down from Leeds I might just bring the Ps2...canceled Live too as I was told I wouldnt be playing it soooooooo may stick with my PS2 and the sega mega drive collection coz im that cool :cool:

Dont plan to be playing much anyway lol

On another note the head of my course rang me about some enquiry I had and said ring up on results day if you dont make the grades as we look at the whole picture and prefer to choose based on the individual...

so there ya go haha!

to jump in on the jobs thing (bit late like!!!) but i'm getting a transfer to the ASDA (I pray) otherwise i'm gonna starve but a few students at my interview had managed to get jobs in the town after they arrived so there should be something?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to bring my Wii or not. On the one hand, it's a great friend making exercise/lots of fun when bored, on the other I worry about what would happen to it and the logistics of getting a TV etc. Plus I don't trust my flatmates yet... :p:

ReputationRep:
    well i have an xbox 360, wii and ps3 right now in front of me will probably buy another xbox to bring up plus maybe a 19" tv or summin. but yeh we will be playing some gears of war, halo, fifa, pes for sure must have my games

ReputationRep:
    I'll just be taking my laptop. The latest games console I have is a gamecube, as the types of game I like to play are usually best suited for the PC.

Unfortunately I bought my laptop last year. If I waited I could have got a much better one with decent gaming capabilities for roughly the same price this year. So I'll probably just be taking my old games like Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and my old Tomb Raider games.
    I'm a bit of a Tomb Raider freak so it'll be great to play 3, 4 and 5 again after all those years.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm not gunna bother bringing much.. Besides, most of my gaming is done on PC.

Hopefully they won't block the ports so we can play online.

ReputationRep:
    nah don't think that i'm rich or anything just very much into my gaming and sports. so i spend alot of time doing those things between fifa and real football that might be half the weekend with a night out somewhere lol! but hmm i really hope they unblock xbox live another guy on here told me they started the process of doing so at the end of last year. oh yeh just got rock band its freaking amazing!!! but i still have exams going on for another 2 weeks sighh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    :O You guys are lucky, you only need BCC to get into Kent!

I need ABB, and that was my lowest offer, so I don't even have an insurance.
    I need BBC, not BCC. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Before I went to Kent I always wondered why current students weren't really on TSR. Everyone's on Facebook. I slightly though Kent students were slightly antisocial lol.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.