2008 Kent Students Watch

kram322
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Disney soc sounds kwl if they can have an anime society then they can damn well have a Disney one!

Robin Hood and Jungle Book all the way for me!

maybe Monsters Inc too (thats disney pixar right?)

I got a letter from my insurance choice today wishing me good luck and that they hope I get my first choice...

but if not they dont discriminate on grades either :rolleyes:

I got lucky me thinks!

Cant wait to get to Kent now either lol has anyone saved up any extra money are are you all relying on ur loans?
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm trying to save (see sig, lol) but my recent Disney blitz took quite a bit of money...

What's everyone going to miss the most at uni? I'll tell you mine once you've told me yours because mine is a tad... embarassing.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am saving 1p's [sig] but haven't actually spent real money in awhile so haven't added to it for a bit.

Ummm I have around £600 saved from parental contributions this year..? Should be around *counts* £800ish, a bit less by sept.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't got anything saved...I guess my parents will help me out
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my parents are helping me out too, paying my fees and giving me somewhere in the range of £125-150 per month.
I'm lucky I guess
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'll probably get about £100 a month from my parents, that's all though. Oh, and the occasional shopping trip when they come visit me...
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what will I miss most from home :confused:

the cat probably for me lol, maybe the crazy goings on at work!

i probably wont figure it out till i've been at kent a few weeks!
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, I was just musing. I'm going to miss my cats too (two white ones, yes I will be the person who's covered in white cat hairs for the first month or so). The thing that I'm really going to miss though is...Steppy, my main man at my riding school. God, that's awful, I'm going to miss a friggin' pony that likes to bite me more than my parents.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm going to miss my dog so freaking much
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Haha, I was just musing. I'm going to miss my cats too (two white ones, yes I will be the person who's covered in white cat hairs for the first month or so). The thing that I'm really going to miss though is...Steppy, my main man at my riding school. God, that's awful, I'm going to miss a friggin' pony that likes to bite me more than my parents.

its not bad at all, I mean you could of said the comfort of your home toilet or something completely weird like that :p:

my parents are wanting to get rid of me, mi mums trying to get me to throw out all my belongings, cd's, dvd's, games, books, etc n completely empty my room lol.

You'd of thought I was never coming back! :rolleyes:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish I had some pets
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Erm... TBH my home toilet annoys me. The seat's too small :ninja:

My mum's holding me back from buying anything/sorting anything out. Just to think, this time in three weeks we'll know! Argh!
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
My mum's holding me back from buying anything/sorting anything out. Just to think, this time in three weeks we'll know! Argh!
Even though I have an unconditional place, my Mum does a similar thing. "Lets not get it now, we have lots of time to do that." It annoys me greatly.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hush, you! :p:

I did however buy myself a nice *big* bag in Primark, it's pretty and has flowers on it! I've got two regular sized handbags that I love, but this one will fit my laptop and files etc. in it if I need to so
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehe, sorry. I'm sure you'll get in
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry! I've invited my friend who's got an unconditional offer to Nottingham for nursing to the cinema the night before results... I may regret it

You don't get unconditional offers for nothing
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everyone's getting help from their parents! I'm not... everything is being paid for by me and my loans. They can't afford to help me out... but I also don't get a proper grant or bursary or anything. So...

I'm going to be one of the poorest at University. ^_^ I'll be getting a job as soon as I get there. But I don't really mind... I know they'll help me out when they can.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
All of my loan goes towards accomodation, but I do have some savings. Hopefully my parents will give me a bit of money each month to live off.

I'm not really gunna have much time to get a job, because I'm gunna have to do as much volunteer work as possible to gain some work experience to get a paid placement in my third year. :s:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by katkit)
Everyone's getting help from their parents! I'm not... everything is being paid for by me and my loans. They can't afford to help me out... but I also don't get a proper grant or bursary or anything. So...

I'm going to be one of the poorest at University. ^_^ I'll be getting a job as soon as I get there. But I don't really mind... I know they'll help me out when they can.
My parents won't be helping me out too much, they can't really afford to. I know they'll help me out as much as they can though.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know I'm lucky to be getting both my fees and money monthly from my parents, they did for my brother and will have to for my 2 younger sisters as well....if they go to uni that is [95% likely].

Who's going to be joining the gym [if I go, I will be] I'm horribly unfit and I'm sick of it
So I want uni to be a fresh start to a healthy[er] meeee...god that sounds so cheesy!

Not giving up drinking or anything like that tho!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.48%
No (529)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.78%

Watched Threads