2008 Kent Students Watch

Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by katkit)
That's not what I thought... clearing students get whatever accommodation is left! So if people don't get in and have to go to their insurance, they get the accommodation that the insurance kids didn't get...

Or perhaps I just made that up in my head...
That would make sense- otherwise there would be empty accom. just sitting around
damion87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah i can see both your points there... i guess they say that as clearing won't begin till the 14th of august and also that's results day for a-levels i believe! I guess they just say no accommodation at the moment for clearing students due to the students already booked will have to see if they want to confirm it or go to their insurance uni or maybe decided not to go to uni for whatever reason... but yep i don't think a uni would leave empty accommodation just sitting there they will probarbly offer it to the clearing students

PHEW! Thanks both of you for commenting about accommodation... it makes me feel a little at ease
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by damion87)
Helllllloooo kim (kim08) *waves* how are you today
Hey I'm doing good thanks, enjoying the warm weather. How're you doing?
Good luck with getting into Kent!
damion87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Awwww thanks kim :p: I am doing great thanks I think we should setup a shy/nervous society - i think mostly everyone has that in common hehehe I can't wait to meet up with all the people here as you all are fantastic people so yayyyy :woo:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, be great to meet everyone
Can't quite believe that everyone is shy by what I read on here/Facebook, hehe.
damion87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yep it will be great to meet everyone until... *tension music* <gulp> W-Day :eek: - Who will win? Who Knows... *cough BLUE TEAM cough* Sorry i must have one of those summer colds coming on lol
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
W-day, hehe, I like it

No way, the RED TEAM all the way! :p:
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
YELLOW!
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehe
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
YELLOW!
:yep:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:no:

EDIT- I wish my sig would show.
EDIT2- It does now, hehe.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It doesn't for me?

Sometimes mine goes walkies for a bit too, not sure why.
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Your sigs only appears once on each page to cut down the page content. If you look at your first post, it's there.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ooooh ok. It was on my post above when I made it, its gone now.
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, mine was there and now it's not. I think it's cause I edited the post.
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guess i'll be another yellower! Pol+Interpol puts me under there!

now to find a super soaker....

results day cannot come soon enough, parents goin away 2 days! :woo:

peace at last
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
OMG I'm booooooooooored.

I've uploaded a photo of myself on my profile; but it'd be kinda weird if someone recognized me :ninja:

Anyone else feel the same? (i.e. it'd be weird if someone in real life found all your posts?)
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My hours are normal

You don't know how happy I am, I'm working Thursday and Friday for the next two weeks then just friday ('cos the thursday is results day), then thursday, friday, saturday - And then I think my contract is up! I'll make around £750, I reckon. Not as much as I wanted but I'm so glad she hasn't put me in for random days again. And it'll still be a nice grounding to start uni with (hopefully, by some miracle, I should have the 1k I want by then, got nearly 150 already and the last 100 shouldn't be too hard to find).

Anyway, I'm babbling. :p:

ETA - A couple of my selected friends know about my account, it's the first part of my main hotmail address. I don't know how I feel about sticking a photo of me up... I'll consider it :p:
kram322
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ey its better to have something to start with, no doubt most of us will be out of pocket since the lowest loan payment is at the start of the year!

I got some overtime in this month totaling an extra 75-105 on top of my usual wage for me so roll on friday :woo:

if my transfer goes thru ill have a job when i get there too, now praying everything goes well

tho im gonna need to clothes shop before kent me thinks... something i dread doin :eek:

yay to us with money!

to GsG, yup I often wonder if someones reading all mi posts and having a right giggle, but what could they say really? lol
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still don't have a job.

So far I've been to 4 interviews and 2 work trials, applied for more than I can remember.- And its not like I'm rubbish either; I held a job for almost 2 years and was only late once, could count the number of sick days on one hand and worked my arse off. so...meh.

Every time I mention going on hols soon I think alarm bells start ringing. Plus for 2 of the jobs all the other applicants were older men [night shifts at supermarkets], blatantly sexist.

I have an interview tomorrow for....gala bingo the shame
But I feel awful, like I have flu or something :\
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads