Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a microphone, I do have a blog but it's charting my riding at the mo.

Be warned, for the first few weeks/month or so my voice is likely to sound like a 12 year old lad who's just going through puberty When I meet new people or get nervous it does whatever it wants...

ReputationRep:
    I sound like a man. :|

ReputationRep:
    Same as me Emma (as in)... I hate photo's of myself too and i hate my voice... It may make people think... why Vlog? Well there is a reason.... lol and it's the only time you'll ever hear me talk for the whole 3 years if i'll be there LOL!

:O cool Natalie you have a blog, when can we see your blog as it will be interesting to see how you are doing with updates about the world of Natalie :cool: (but it's charting my riding at the mo.?) lol my brain is tired and it's gone to bed now! - Somehow i'm still typing lol but what do you mean by this, geez im so dumb hehehe :yep: oi emotion your not meant to agree with that on here! :no: ahhhhh that's better!

:hmmmm2: Kim, nice picture of yourself in your profile, however it's annoying me now, by that i mean i am so sure i have seen you about somewhere before and i don't know where :stupid: anyway the main important thing is... - did you buy me anything whilst you were at Canterbury? lol ... What nothing?!?!... Not even those lovely roasted nuts mmmmm (lol im just joking about buying me something in Canterbury)

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and now as i rarely say it (at all) is PEACE! :flute: (shhhh turn that noise down emotion!) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_maK)
    plus I hate my voice
    That's a common trend. I'm a little uncomfortable with my voice too.
    Come to think about it, that's probably one of the main reasons that I don't talk much!!!
    The thing is, when you speak you hear your own voice differently to how other people hear it, presumably due to vibrations etc.
    Have you ever listened to yourself speaking on a sound recording or video...cringe!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damion87)
    What! :eek: Kitty... Did you just mention a Point Click Adventure Game :eek: OMG I am suprised as not many people know/play point click adventure games! Yayyyy go simon the sorcerer, i remember playing that on the amiga with NINE yes NINE floppy disks! - The music in number 1 was just the best wasn't it!?!?

Don't worry Kitty in Kent University there are counsellors that can help you with your FTW problem and I am here for you to support you in your FTW addiction lol

A Cheap Whore? :no: I'm cheaper then your prices LOL i'm joking - what do you mean by that comment!?! Sorry if i am being thick lol :p:
    Hell YES! That music saved my life. (Well. Not literally. But it rocked.) I am mega cool, the Amiga ROCKED MY WORLD!

Thank you... *sniffles* It's been a tough addiction but I've admitted it... the first step. FIRST STEP FTW!!!!!!!!!

'Cos you said about paying me for the nice comment - hence the cheap whore comment.

(Original post by Em_maK)
    plus I hate my voice [its not all light and pretty pfft] so I shan't be doing a vlog- also it took me ages to work out what that meant, I worry for my intelligence :p:
    My voice isn't light and fluffy, it's deep and melodic haha. I kind of like my voice, though people always think that I'm Australian. Grrr.

ReputationRep:
    :hmmmm2: Kim, nice picture of yourself in your profile, however it's annoying me now, by that i mean i am so sure i have seen you about somewhere before and i don't know where :stupid: anyway the main important thing is... - did you buy me anything whilst you were at Canterbury? lol ... What nothing?!?!... Not even those lovely roasted nuts mmmmm (lol im just joking about buying me something in Canterbury)
    Thanks, but I'm worried about you having seen me about before, have you been stalking me? :eek::p: Nope, sorry, didn't buy you a present Bought myself a pencil with University of Kent on it from the Uni shop (Essentials) though

ReputationRep:
    I did have a kent pen that I got free on the day...

Not sure where it is tho

ReputationRep:
    I wanted a hoodie, but had to make do with a pencil. Going to get a hoodie in September. They have so many colours (I love colours)

ReputationRep:
    which colours do they have/what does it look like?

Everyone needs one for those days where you just don't feel like making an effort...
    a.k.a everyday

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't tell you offhand, and I can't find a photo. They have many colours, orange, black, green, white, blue...

ReputationRep:
    Kat, what is all this about you knowing your room???

And, are they freshers hoodies?

ReputationRep:
    its early in the mornin and just so I feel on topicish...

Sam n Max FTW!!

on and off playin Beneath the Steel Sky god bless ScummVM i'll be bringing it to Kent too as they work on laptop :p:

*geek moment over*

ill be gettin a hoodie, apparently there nice n warm?

ReputationRep:
    :gasp: Yes Kim i have been stalking you! :eek: lol, I am suprised you havn't spotted me yet... especially that i'm wearing my kent university hoodie! lol (I'm Just Joking!) :p:

Sam and Max... That's the only game which is 'seemingly' point and click hehehe that i cannot get into :shock: as i remember some point in the game there is a part where you have to race, that put me off the game! :gasp:

:top: Yes god bless ScummVM! I have played beneath the steel sky before and i liked it, so Mark i hope you enjoy playing it and if you havn't already i would suggest to you to play Maniac Mansion (which is ok) but even better is the next episode of Maniac Mansion and that's called: Day Of The Tentacle, but of course i would only suggest to play games when your not busy studying>:pcguru: OR :work: <working LOL

Oooooh everyone is getting a hoodie?!?!?! Damn someone told me to purchase this banana costume from the uni shop! :banana2: - Great now i'll look the stupid one LOL :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    Kat, what is all this about you knowing your room???

And, are they freshers hoodies?
    First of all, Adam, I seem to be the only one who has that information! See the other post I did sweetie, 'cos explaining it is tricky, especially as my brain feels like mush this morning.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=638763

Then scroll down, where I've explained how I did it. *smiles*

Secondly... hoodies, wooo!! A lot of people say it's sad to buy a hoodie, but **** it, I want to anyway! If I'm really tired or hungover or ill and I need to just shove something on to go to a lecture, then that hoodie will be a life-saver!

ReputationRep:
    ^ exactly!

I cba to get all dressed up everyday, plus hoodies cover a multitude of sins :p:

ReputationRep:
    :gasp: Yes Kim i have been stalking you! :eek: lol, I am suprised you havn't spotted me yet... especially that i'm wearing my kent university hoodie! lol (I'm Just Joking!) :p:

Sam and Max... That's the only game which is 'seemingly' point and click hehehe that i cannot get into :shock: as i remember some point in the game there is a part where you have to race, that put me off the game! :gasp:

:top: Yes god bless ScummVM! I have played beneath the steel sky before and i liked it, so Mark i hope you enjoy playing it and if you havn't already i would suggest to you to play Maniac Mansion (which is ok) but even better is the next episode of Maniac Mansion and that's called: Day Of The Tentacle, but of course i would only suggest to play games when your not busy studying>:pcguru: OR :work: <working LOL

Oooooh everyone is getting a hoodie?!?!?! Damn someone told me to purchase this banana costume from the uni shop! :banana2: - Great now i'll look the stupid one LOL :giggle:
    Day of the Tentacle was ace I used to play that all the time with my brother. Have you ever played Full Throttle?

Why is it that LucasArts seem to make the best point and click games?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Day of the Tentacle was ace I used to play that all the time with my brother. Have you ever played Full Throttle?

Why is it that LucasArts seem to make the best point and click games?
    Weirdly the amount of times I have seen that game online (reviews and shops like play.com) and once in a shop as pre-owned, I have NEVER played it - why? I really don't know why I haven’t played it before!?!?! It's seems to me that I have completed most point click adventures that are out now except for this one of course :p: What is Full Throttle like GsG? That could be my next point click adventure game I play :cyber:

LucasArts I think they are so good at point click adventure games as they were the first company to involve a graphical user interface (ScummVM) and also stunning graphics... and there history and experience of games have made them the best point click adventure games company in the business (to date), LucasArts I hope you are reading this... as it’s about time to make Monkey Island 5 and show the true secret of monkey island(tm), I know you said you will evaluate the franchise in 2011-2012, but seriously don’t make us wait around that long plllllleeeeeeaaaaseeee :plz2:

If you don't release monkey island 5 LucasArts please read on...

Sierra was a fantastic company to release point click adventure games also: King's Quest series (KQ7 was the best in that series) and Torin's passage (I recommend those to play GsG) etc etc lol :w00t:

OK... So I know other people may go adventure games (point click are not interesting to them) so what do you like to do, what’s interesting to you? (E.G hobby/leisure time) HOWEVER you can only pick ONE thing that you enjoy the most :eek: Throwing it into the forum at the deep end! :party:

ReputationRep:
    What! :eek: Kitty... Did you just mention a Point Click Adventure Game :eek: OMG I am suprised as not many people know/play point click adventure games! Yayyyy go simon the sorcerer, i remember playing that on the amiga with NINE yes NINE floppy disks! - The music in number 1 was just the best wasn't it!?!?
    :
    Point and click adventures were my childhood
    Discworld.... I....II.... even Noir was pretty good..... Broken Sword.... I've played all of them but obviously the first two were the best..... Simon The Sorcerer.... 3D was disappointing but I have high hopes for Simon 4.... Grim Fandango.... probably one of the best game scores ever... and.... of course.... Monkey Island.....aaaaaahh.... I have an urge to break out some Broken Sword now

ReputationRep:
    Whoa!

Your obviously a big fan if you can name a lot of point click adventure games, and of course Tilly you named some of the best games , Discworld... isn't that just a great series I got Discworld I and II on the playstation one (yes playstation one!) and noir of course for the PC and poor malachite! (even though my CD had some issue and I haven’t completed Discworld noir... pops the game onto the list to 'retry and complete' lol :crown:

With broken sword did you know fans of broken sword found there was no real link between the first two games and the third and at the moment there making Broken Sword 2.5 : The Return of The Templars :zomg:

Simon 4 is great, Simon 3d wasn’t as bad after you go across the bridge, as in a sense it has some storyline, but before that it was not very good (the beginning) but the ending... isn't that clever I highly recommend if you have the money to try Simon the sorcerer 4, the only issue I had with Simon the sorcerer is we completed it in under a week, so depending on how many times you play it (and don’t get stuck) then those factors will be how long it takes you to complete Simon the sorcerer 4! :boing:

Now... Grim Fandango... Hmmmm I do have that... but you know what’s coming next HOWEVER... I found it slightly boring and I haven’t yet completed it all I remember is being in the market place and that’s where I stopped playing (as I guess I had another point click all ready to play!) :>.<:

Of course the Monkey Island series is everyone’s favourite! Also it’s the number 1 point click game(s)/series ever released [to date] (according to some website!) :yeah:

Tilly I would recommend for you (if you are ever bored) to try out one of the Nancy Drew games and see how you like it. If you like to be a detective and solve out who-dunnits! Then the Nancy Drew series is the game(s) for you... But generally it’s great fun working out puzzles and solving things out! :grin:

I see you have joined the monkey island society Tilly - stupid question how do you join societies? :doh: (I know I’m being thick, if not just lazy on how to work it out myself! hehehe) :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    How to join societies: top bar, under forums you have a list of options - site rules - societies - gallery- members.... just head over to societies and there's a list... click join this soc... and then I think most of them have a request form... filll it out...

I strongly suggest you give Grim Fandango another go... some of the puzzles are a little frustrating.... in the forest for example.... when you have to mess around with Glottis and the wheelbarrow and the mechanical thing... i forget what it is exactly... I think it's for shocks on the BOOOOONEWAGON! lol. But hey, there's no shame in sneaking a peak at a walkthrough.

Isn't BS 2.5 a German production, unrelated producer... it's just a fan creation? I downloaded the demo a year or so ago... but haven't checked on how the English production is actually going.

Yeah PS1 for Discworld, since the whole floppy disk format was before my time...

Simon 4... hmm I will give it a go eventually - I was really put off by Simon 3D because it kinda felt like Final Fantasy... only less interesting and with a lack of chocobos

As for Nancy Drew, I tried a few of the demos and thought they were good but I haven't brought any yet... I may look into it again on your recommendation

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.