2008 Kent Students Watch

Fairy.Dust.Forever
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by damion87)
:eek: Yayyy that would be so cool to bring some of your point click games... I'll see what I can DIG up, if I can find any that is, to bring along! :p:

Game consoles we are bringing... Last console I brought was a playstation one (excluding the ds lite I got for my mum) hehehe, if I can be twisted and say maybe the 'laptop' console :p: OK, OK! I know it's not a console but hey it's worth a try, right? hehehe

Tilly I don't know what you’re worried about... It sounds a lot of fun to lunge in a cardboard box size room lol :giggle:

Damion,
[email protected] - Anyone can add me to msn if you like! :cool:
Awesome, i'll add you if that's alright.... my email is fairy something so it should be pretty obvious. lol.
I'm stealing my mums DS that I got her for Xmas too... lol... of course under the pretense that I want to get that 'cooking' game thing.... but really... well.... lets just say I love the 'new an improved' Zelda// Final Fantasy.... because honestly... it's SO complicated that you have to actually blow out the candle things to open the doors... lol. Simple minds I suppose - plus I can't be bothered with le Gamecube and PS2..... so just my laptop and mayyybe my Wii
I'm not even taking a tv... i've got a cheap lil thing for my laptop so I can save some more space when travelling...
Has anyone else planned out their insurance yet, my mum's in a blind panic about it... it's really quite funny.. she's more stressed about all of this than I am. I just wanna go already, this is what gap years do to you. Especially when you waste it like I did... still.... sleep is productive, right?
Also *sigh* TV Licenses.... the biggest con ever... no i'm not gonna launch into a 'points of view' style rant (does Terry Wogan still present that?) but I will say that it is SO rubbish that we all need to fork out for one.... aaah well.
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't even looked at insurance stuff yet...need to find out if our home insurance will cover my laptop, because some policies do...

ummm still haven't received my final student finance thing either, we had to send more evidence or something like that about 2 weeks ago. damn.
damion87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NP Justin, if you need my help as in if you really don't understand or are stuck then you can email me/msn me or private message me on the forum or if you want just submit what your requirements are on the forum and we shall see how we go from there to get you a HDTV

That would be fantastically cool if you want to add me (I know my words don't make sense but it did sound good! lol) - I shall wait for a fairy email address to pop up on windows messenger live and then I will click add :eek: technology these days! - Oh of course the good old borrow the ds lite for cooking but actually borrow it for great gaming technique, yes it’s a classic hehehe! :p: With the blowing into the DS lite I have done it before and it’s a clever concept however I cannot get it to work 100% and just end up looking more stupid then I already do hehehe

If I go to uni do I or don’t I take a TV? I might do what you have done Tilly and that's put TV on your laptop thus saving more space, I think it would be wise for you Tilly for 'big room' that you have lol and TV License is a big con as if you don't like the BBC television programs and you NEVER EVER watch BBC Television in all your life then you are paying for a service you have NEVER received :p: hehehe, but I’m not complaining... until I need to buy my own TV license that is lol

Oh of course insurance yep insurance stuff of course.... LOL ermmmmm WHAT INSURANCE STUFF This uni business it's harder then I first thought hehehe

I'm Terry Wogan and I want to hear you moan about our TV program points of view, we still haven’t had a complaint yet... except for... never mind ahhhhh! lol :p:

Em why haven’t you received your final student thing yet? and what happens now if you were meant to send it in two weeks ago as I am sure everything will be fine, just relax and take it easy* (*Terms and conditions of taking it easy apply please check our website for more details lol )
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh I had a provisional amount letter thru, they needed more evidence of my dads work [hes a contract consultant manager, its complicated account stuff]...

No I already sent it off 2 weeks ago so just waiting for them to get back to me. Idk why they needed more evidence, but we just told our accountants what they said and they sorted it out.
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Question:
On my original ucas letter, Kent listed the start date as 01sept... so is that what I should use on all relevant forms (currently filling out my student account doohick) and also..... course end date? (I suck ... thanks for any help, i'm sure there are a thousand questions of the same nature)
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Fairy.Dust.Forever)
Question:
On my original ucas letter, Kent listed the start date as 01sept... so is that what I should use on all relevant forms (currently filling out my student account doohick) and also..... course end date? (I suck ... thanks for any help, i'm sure there are a thousand questions of the same nature)
Use the 1st as your start date, and the 17/06 as your end date.

Just trust me on that one.
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol messed that up... I just guessed and ran away... my actual student finance should be fine but I guess the duration of my actual student account will be a bit squiff lol.
katkit
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm still deciding which account to have...halifax looks good with up to £3,000 overdraft, but thats dependant on individual circumstances so you're not guaranteed to get the full amount.
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've gone with the Natwest Student Account. TSR convinced me really, but it seems pretty good.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my brother had the same, mainly for the railcard as he went to Leeds.
However, I don't see myself using the trains that much- cheaper to use coaches, so not sure I'd have use for it.
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I went with Natwest... convenience mainly... but im gonna get a free coachpass and have the railcard.... so i'm pretty sorted lol.
Aspect
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Student bank account... another thing I have to sort out.... urgh.
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm, I just don't know yet!

[btw I love muse too!]
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a Natwest student account Haven't been sent the Railcard yet, but I should get it soonish.
Hypermicrospace
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Em_maK)

[btw I love muse too!]
Same here also...I've seen them a few times. they were better even than i expecting and played older stuff (e.g. Showbiz + forced in) which I wasn't expecting either. so yay!
the wolf at the door
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[btw I love muse too!]
Radiohead >>>>>>>>>>>> Muse.:yep:
damion87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I haven't even looked at insurance stuff yet...need to find out if our home insurance will cover my laptop, because some policies do...

ummm still haven't received my final student finance thing either, we had to send more evidence or something like that about 2 weeks ago. damn.
AND

Oh I had a provisional amount letter thru, they needed more evidence of my dads work [hes a contract consultant manager, its complicated account stuff]...

No I already sent it off 2 weeks ago so just waiting for them to get back to me. Idk why they needed more evidence, but we just told our accountants what they said and they sorted it out.
My apologies for mis-reading your original post and thanks for the reply re-correcting me hehehe, must of been a long day or i was in a rush, one of the two! lol

Yes that's about it short and sweet this time and straight to the point :p:
username163242
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Grr, I need to send off more forms for Student finance so that they can reassess it...
At least I'll get more...
Em_maK
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm, I wish I could find out the reading lists.

I feel like I haven't read a book in forever, since during and before exams I just didn't have the time/energy. I love reading tho

only 8 days until results :woo:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (181)
18.8%
No (581)
60.33%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.87%

Watched Threads