The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

2008 Kent Students

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I've got a conditional offer ABB/AAC for English and Spanish Law.
I'm so hoping I get in, I've got my heart set on Kent and the course sounds wicked.
Anyone else doing that course?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I dunno if I have got a starter pack yet. All my post goes to my old house, and I haven't gone by to pick it all up yet. I'll have to do that some time.

Oh and welcome to ChicaBonita :biggrin: Our newest addition to the thread :smile: Hope you're excited about September!
I'm still worried as to why there's nothing about my accommodation so I sent them an email about my panic.... erkel. lol.
Ah i wouldn't worry :smile:

I've run out of books to read this summer, so I'm trying to learn Japanese! :smile:
Reply 1344
Why are you freaking out? Hardly anyone else has their accommodation yet. Just a lucky few.

PS: Welcome, PrettyGirl! *smiles* I call all of my girls chica, so I'll settle into talking to you straight away.

Welcome to the madness! :biggrin:
GodspeedGehenna

I've run out of books to read this summer, so I'm trying to learn Japanese! :smile:

Sounds like my attempt to learn Korean last month, it was fun and then i forgot about it :rolleyes:

I can ask how you are though and say 'no' lol! but that's as far as i got with actually learning to say stuff because I was learning to read it first which i did slightly better with.
katkit
Why are you freaking out? Hardly anyone else has their accommodation yet. Just a lucky few.

PS: Welcome, PrettyGirl! *smiles* I call all of my girls chica, so I'll settle into talking to you straight away.

Welcome to the madness! :biggrin:

When you have a year to go through all this stuff you get impatient when you're not first in line... well.... I do.
I'm being paranoid lol... I just asked them to confirm my application was still being processed.
Any of you had a look at the 'recommended/introductory/preliminary' reading.... will you do any?
Gosh, you guys got such high offers! My BCC is the highest I got (OK, that's a lie - I got a BBB from Lancaster, way too high!) but I'm definatly glad now it's not as high as yours.

How many of us are waiting on results on Thursday and how many have got unconditionals?
calling Kent on Monday, lets hope they have a place for me. I only applied to UCAS last month so it will be something to pull this one off!
I'm waiting for results unfortunately and it is driving everyone up the wall because I mention it on average every hour I reckon.
General Mullet
calling Kent on Monday, lets hope they have a place for me. I only applied to UCAS last month so it will be something to pull this one off!

Heya! Welcome to the thread and best of luck for your application!

I see you're located in the Canary Islands! May I ask where? :smile: My parents live in Fuerteventura, on the coast near Valle de Santa Ines. :biggrin:
Sorry to disappoint but I live about ten minutes from Canterbury! I do however have a great love for the Canary Islands.
General Mullet
Sorry to disappoint but I live about ten minutes from Canterbury! I do however have a great love for the Canary Islands.

dont live in herne bay do you :biggrin: ?
Reply 1354
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Any of you had a look at the 'recommended/introductory/preliminary' reading.... will you do any?

I would if it would load/I could find any!
Em_maK
I would if it would load/I could find any!

i have the handbook so I can give you the titles under your core module... Sociology: introductory reading: I Marsh 'Sociology' // A Giddens 'Sociology (3rd Edition)' // Z Bauman 'Thinking Sociologically' // J Fulcher & J Scott 'Sociology'
Would you like to look at the German page as well? :p:
kiss_me_now9
Would you like to look at the German page as well? :p:

lol: German: can't find a reading list for you but it says about your core modules: learning German 3 (which just means the level: post a-level): 30 credits
Images of Germany 1945 - 1990 (15 credits) OR Varieties of German Writing (15 credits)
AND
Speak Proper German! (15 credits) plus you can choose 'wild modules' with the remaining 45 credits.
I'm not sure if you're any the wiser from that!
Fairy.Dust.Forever
lol: German: can't find a reading list for you but it says about your core modules: learning German 3 (which just means the level: post a-level): 30 credits
Images of Germany 1945 - 1990 (15 credits) OR Varieties of German Writing (15 credits)
AND
Speak Proper German! (15 credits) plus you can choose 'wild modules' with the remaining 45 credits.
I'm not sure if you're any the wiser from that!

Danke, that makes sense to me! I didn't think German would have a reading list :smile: but that gives me a bit of an idea what I can expect. (I'm thinking German 1945 - 90, lol.)
I've actually ruined it for you.... my handbook was like getting an early christmas present... lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending