The Student Room Group

Finishing application after the 'deadline'

I'm a little confused about the deadline. I'm an EU national resident in the UK. I started my application about 2 months ago, I'm currently at the stage of providing evidence for the last 5 years, I have gathered nearly everything (enough proof for about years) but am still waiting for the last bit of evidence I requested from my bank to arrive in the post.

I was under the impression there was no deadline until months after the academic year starts, but now I'm getting emails about the 25th? Will I still be able to continue with my application after this date?

Thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by gamendes
I'm a little confused about the deadline. I'm an EU national resident in the UK. I started my application about 2 months ago, I'm currently at the stage of providing evidence for the last 5 years, I have gathered nearly everything (enough proof for about years) but am still waiting for the last bit of evidence I requested from my bank to arrive in the post.

I was under the impression there was no deadline until months after the academic year starts, but now I'm getting emails about the 25th? Will I still be able to continue with my application after this date?

Thank you

Yes you will, however there's just the risk of your money not arriving in time for when you start your course. The deadline of the 25th is there to get people to apply in advance so there's no last-minute scrambles to get evidence etc. Applications can take around 6 weeks to process, so it's advised to apply ASAP.
Reply 2
Thank you!
Original post by gamendes

Thank you

Hi gamendes,

The 25th May is just a guideline date for funding to be in place for September. If we receive this evidence after this date we will still assess your application but there might be a slight delay in your payment in September. The official deadline date is 9 months from the start of the academic year to apply.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest