I have a boyfriend and I am muslim Watch

A user 123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So the thing is
I am getting 13 and I met a boy in my class he is very mature and nice and not a Muslim. I had a crush on him a year ago and I found out he had a crush on me too. I was sad for a period of time and a little unhappy, but then the boy (my crush) confessed his love to me and I was like literally the happiest girl on earth
Now we are together.
The problem:
I am a Muslim and I believe God and know every single rule I pray and all that stuff, but I don't were a hijab. And I find it unnecessary not having a boyfriend you love and that it doesn't has to do anything of being a Muslim (my opinion). My parents are Muslims too and I am very afraid to tell my father that I have a boyfriend. My father isn't bad or anything! But when it comes to boys he gets angry. I love my dad and my boyfriend and I have no clue what to do!
I feel happy and pretty around my boyfriend, but I love my dad and mom too!
HamzaIdris13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is your boyfriend going to Jannah with you?
Jmeme10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well your father will probably stone you so dont tell him
Cyber Curry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a Muslim as well, personally, I think the best way to think of a relationship as a Muslim is just a close friendship. As long as you don't do something like sex before marriage or anything else related to that then it should be alright. Of course, your dad may not think of it in the same way and the best way to prevent an argument would probably be to not say anything unless he asks. Ultimately this is your choice, but if I was in your shoes then that's what I would do.
ChiggenLiggen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jmeme10)
Well your father will probably stone you so dont tell him
Thats true recommend some anti stone armour
Cyber Curry
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you haven't got anything useful to say feel free to piss off
Hareema99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
dude! do anything but don't tell ur parents. they gonna smack the **** out of u
as far, in my opinion, it's alright to have a bf but make sure u do not cross your limits.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A user 123)
So the thing is
I am getting 13 and I met a boy in my class he is very mature and nice and not a Muslim. I had a crush on him a year ago and I found out he had a crush on me too. I was sad for a period of time and a little unhappy, but then the boy (my crush) confessed his love to me and I was like literally the happiest girl on earth
Now we are together.
The problem:
I am a Muslim and I believe God and know every single rule I pray and all that stuff, but I don't were a hijab. And I find it unnecessary not having a boyfriend you love and that it doesn't has to do anything of being a Muslim (my opinion). My parents are Muslims too and I am very afraid to tell my father that I have a boyfriend. My father isn't bad or anything! But when it comes to boys he gets angry. I love my dad and my boyfriend and I have no clue what to do!
I feel happy and pretty around my boyfriend, but I love my dad and mom too!
Salaam sis. Just two things to say:

1) Remember that In Islam, the status of one's parents is second only to God himself. Going against them is equivalent to making God himself angry. And you're doing it for something that isn't permitted by religion anyway. If it were a noble cause it wouldn't be so bad.

2) Remember that mistakes made now will come back to haunt you later, for God has his ways of getting you onto the righteous path. But this isn't because he's selfish, it's because he loves you and wants the best for youAnd of course, he knows best.

In the holy month of Ramadan, and thereafter, may Allah give you hidayah and keep you away from the wrong path, ameen.
gooners2001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how old are you
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
how old are you
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Sister, I trust your also very mature and a smart individual. I am a guy but if my sister were to tell me they like a guy, I would say cool we all have had crushes in the past. Naturally, I want to protect my sister from guys, this is reality, not Love Island. If he truly cared about you, he would respect your religious beliefs and abide by it, even if you weren't, rather than rebelling and would do things properly. I understand it's difficult to speak with parents regarding such a topic, especially if you're below the age of 18. Also, speak to your "BF" and ask him to learn a little a bit about Islam. You should both be transparent (in terms of talking about the important stuff) with one another and speak openly. As any muslim and just general human being, I believe in being with someone that you actually like.

Main points:
1. Speak to the guy you like regarding religion, future and other topics that my knowledge lacks me from pointing out
2. No point in being with someone that is just lusting over you and similarly you over them
3. Ultimately, you should ask the person you like, would they consider converting to Islam? To cut it short, life gets complicated when you have kids and problems arise and then everyone leaves you because you and your partner cannot mutually agree on simple things and then your kids just become lost -- ultimately I would say you and your partner are responsible for that
4. It's better for you to know answers NOW not learn from tears which would break my heart even though I don't even know you
5. I wish the best for you and inshallah you'll make the right decision
AliceisWatching
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
just enjoy it
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
lol you ain't marrying him, chill a little. to be honest a lot of muslims have had boyfriends and girlfriends, they just haven't told you because you're young. i can guarantee you that 75% of them have had at least one boyfriend or girlfriend, you might be muslim, but you are young and you have desires and some things you want to experience. just be careful and obviously don't have sex because you're way too young. you're 13, get to know him, talk to him but don't take it too seriously and start overthinking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (213)
53.25%
No (187)
46.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed