Best accomodation Watch

Jmeme10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Alright lads so I'm coming to Lancaster this year, I'm a bit of a jew so what's the best accommodation for money. I am thinking a town house, I know its 1 shower between 2 people, but is it 1 toilet between 2? If not that is a bit shite and I'll probably go to an en suite. So what did you chose and why?

I also need somewhere to park my BMW as I'm bringing that this year, anyone know much about parking?
Sycaphore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of each townhouse, I believe there's a toilet in each shower room (of which there are six), and there's also a separate toilet on the bottom floor.

I am also toying between a townhouse or an en suite room, as I'd like the privacy of a room with an en suite but I think I may settle in better in a townhouse with people around me to help. Townhouses are around £124, whereas en suites depend but are around the same (~£122-136 IIRC).

I'm not sure about parking, and I can't tell whether you're joking or not with regards to bringing a BMW; going off the basis you are, I don't think they would recommend driving anywhere - biking or walking would be recommended - and greatly cheaper.
Jmeme10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Sycaphore)
I'm not sure about parking, and I can't tell whether you're joking or not with regards to bringing a BMW; going off the basis you are, I don't think they would recommend driving anywhere - biking or walking would be recommended - and greatly cheaper.
Money is not an issue with the car I just want to know if its a possibility, it's not going to be for going to the shops I mostly want it so I can be a delivery driver, visit my GF and home
Joe1000000
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is possible to get a parking permit if you live on campus, but it's very rare that you'll get one unless you have a job that's not accessible by public transport. Otherwise you'll be paying £3 a day 5 days a week for parking. Some people try and get away with not paying, but there are parking wardens and they do ticket.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (286)
15.15%
The paper was reasonable (1048)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (409)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.68%

Watched Threads