Martial arts/sports at uni? QUEEN MARYS Watch

yan.g
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
i dont understand how sports clubs and general societies work, i really want to continue taking up a martial art at uni - would there be a trained professional, competitions? or is it just for fun?

Also, what are the sports clubs like at queen mary's, what is available, is it taken seriously? how is it run? how much of your time does it take up?

For some reason this is adding to my hesitation to firm the university, please help
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by yan.g)
i dont understand how sports clubs and general societies work, i really want to continue taking up a martial art at uni - would there be a trained professional, competitions? or is it just for fun?

Also, what are the sports clubs like at queen mary's, what is available, is it taken seriously? how is it run? how much of your time does it take up?

For some reason this is adding to my hesitation to firm the university, please help
Get in touch with the SU and find out more about the society. Then get in touch with them and ask.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by yan.g)

you'll need to ask the SU at the uni it's self but it's likely if you really want to compete the society will have a BUCS team that could even open the door to Olympic competition if you want to go for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19

Do you give blood?