Turn on thread page Beta

How much space to give him#??? watch

He is a close friend that I cared a lot for
    I realised I cared more than him
    I realised I was coming across kinda clingy so I asked am I clingy he said a bit
    The i said maybe its best to give u space and not talk for a couple of weeks?
    He said yeah I guess that is best and he stopped talking then
    So far this is the 2nd day and Idk what to do how long not to talk to him
    or to wait for him to messagee
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I realised I was coming across kinda clingy so I asked am I clingy he said a bit
    The worst thing you can do is to keep messaging someone who doesn't want to talk. If you truly care about him, let him do his thing. He'll message you when he's ready.

(Original post by ecolier)
    The worst thing you can do is to keep messaging someone who doesn't want to talk. If you truly care about him, let him do his thing. He'll message you when he's ready.
    Yeah I guess so, I realised where I went wrong... I would text daily and even triple text if he would not reply and get annoyed.
    He is a decent friend, he did not get angry but if i do something irrational he gets annoyed and stops talking which had made me cry before.
    That what I am working on rn not to care if someone ignores, not to contact the person more than they contact me , even better not to contact them first or make plans first and to take my time in replying to messages.

I know what to do just find it hard to control myself from messaging.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I have the same problem to an extent I don't do it intentionally,I just can't help myself-I just want to talk to them But I did try giving them space but that didn't work and than I don't want them to think I don't care or forgot about them.Hard situation...

(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
    I guess I have the same problem to an extent I don't do it intentionally,I just can't help myself-I just want to talk to them But I did try giving them space but that didn't work and than I don't want them to think I don't care or forgot about them.Hard situation...
    How didn't it work out giving them space?
    The thing is I told him upfront that maybe we shouldt talk for a few weeks and he agreed.
    He cared enough I knr he will pop up sooner or later

ReputationRep:
    How many threads do you need to post that all say pretty much the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    How didn't it work out giving them space?
    The thing is I told him upfront that maybe we shouldt talk for a few weeks and he agreed.
    He cared enough I knr he will pop up sooner or later
    I didn't talk to them for 5 weeks and that didn't really work It's complex.I wish they would come to their senses and stop being this way and I don't know what to do.I said Im sorry for being annoying so many times and I don't know what else to do-I just miss them

(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    How many threads do you need to post that all say pretty much the same thing?
    True, I get you but all these threads stops me from texting and it isnt harming anyone so

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you’ve become very attached to this person and it isn’t being reciprocated!

Wait for him to message you back.

If he doesn’t, then take it as a lesson that friendships have to work both ways. I’ve lost a few friends on this basis, but I know the ones I’ve kept are the ones who are most valuable because they make the effort as much as I do.

Make some other friends, learn not to pester people, realise that friendship isn’t the be-all and end-all, and move on with your life.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I didn't talk to them for 5 weeks and that didn't really work It's complex.I wish they would come to their senses and stop being this way and I don't know what to do.I said Im sorry for being annoying so many times and I don't know what else to do-I just miss them
    See, that's where you are wrong. You shouldn't be blaming the other person. Perhaps there's a reason for their non-reply.

(Original post by carrotstar)
    It sounds like you’ve become very attached to this person and it isn’t being reciprocated!

Wait for him to message you back.

If he doesn’t, then take it as a lesson that friendships have to work both ways. I’ve lost a few friends on this basis, but I know the ones I’ve kept are the ones who are most valuable because they make the effort as much as I do.

Make some other friends, learn not to pester people, realise that friendship isn’t the be-all and end-all, and move on with your life.
    This is so far my favourite response. Thank You Hun! You are so right!
    I need to stop taking frienships too seriously and focus on myself and my family more
    Yeah I realised I became attached, and I know I can stop that from happening again by not having expectations, not texting first or prioritising him over my priorities. Thank U beautiful <3 is it okay to PM u? x

ReputationRep:
    See, that's where you are wrong. You shouldn't be blaming the other person. Perhaps there's a reason for their non-reply.
    I perhaps worded it wrong.I don't blame them for this-I blame myself all the time and feel really guilty.What I was meant to say is I just wish things were how they used to be or they would just be clear with me on the situation.I just feel sad.

Hun, what I think is this. this is my advice to u beautiful:
    Focus on yourself and your priorities, friendships come and go
    Do not priorities a person over your priorities
    Do not be afraid to say no or take a while to reply to messages
    Do not constantly message daily, if u want to text first, text once a week/ a month, other times they should message u if not
    cut all contact and wait for them to contact u. The effort has to be mutual otherwise lose it

I perhaps worded it wrong.I don't blame them for this-I blame myself all the time and feel really guilty.What I was meant to say is I just wish things were how they used to be or they would just be clear with me on the situation.I just feel sad.
    Again, there's the demand from the other person.

ReputationRep:
    I have been kind of neglecting myself-not eating properly and not sleeping properly,it has made me unable to study properly and just day to day life is difficult because I miss them.
    I just hope perhaps things will go back to how they used to be-they would text me a lot too and would make me smile.
    Hun, what I think is this. this is my advice to u beautiful:
    Focus on yourself and your priorities, friendships come and go
    Do not priorities a person over your priorities
    Do not be afraid to say no or take a while to reply to messages
    Do not constantly message daily, if u want to text first, text once a week/ a month, other times they should message u if not
    cut all contact and wait for them to contact u. The effort has to be mutual otherwise lose it

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to demand things-I just hate being confused all the time about this situation.

I have been kind of neglecting myself-not eating properly and not sleeping properly,it has made me unable to study properly and just day to day life is difficult because I miss them.
    I just hope perhaps things will go back to how they used to be-they would text me a lot too and would make me smile.
    Take care of yourself beautiful
    U need to love yourself more

ReputationRep:
    I hate having to keep guessing and trying to come up with reasons why things are the way they are and tormenting myself in the process.Im scared Im annoying them and pushing them away with my behaviour but that's not what Im intending to do but I don't know what else to do-I just miss them.

ReputationRep:
    This is so far my favourite response. Thank You Hun! You are so right!
    I need to stop taking frienships too seriously and focus on myself and my family more
    Yeah I realised I became attached, and I know I can stop that from happening again by not having expectations, not texting first or prioritising him over my priorities. Thank U beautiful <3 is it okay to PM u? x
    Of course! I’m glad I helped, I did wonder if it would come across too blunt.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I hate having to keep guessing and trying to come up with reasons why things are the way they are and tormenting myself in the process.Im scared Im annoying them and pushing them away with my behaviour but that's not what Im intending to do but I don't know what else to do-I just miss them.
    I don't mean to demand things-I just hate being confused all the time about this situation.
    Be glad that this person appeared in your life for a while and made your happy.

Things happen for a reason - but you won't know most of them. There are many things in life that are much, much more cruel than this and you'll never know the reason why. That's the sad way the world works.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.