The Student Room Group

How to stop yourself from texting friends first?

Esp if they rarely text first and u feel as if u are making more efforttttttt
Maybe delete your messages together so you can text them less easily?
Reply 2
Is that a bad thing? Unless they were clearly not interested in talking (e.g. one word replies), messaging first isn't bad.
Is there any particular reason you want to stop texting them? Some people are better at texting than others, and if they didn't want to talk to you at all they just wouldn't text back. I have some friends who would never, ever send the first text in a million years, but they are perfectly happy to chat to me if I text them first.

Heck, even my partner never texts me first, and I know I mean a lot to him.

You can't put so much emphasis on who texts first. Fair enough if you're texting people all day every day and nudging them if they don't reply you should chill out a bit, but if you just fancy a chat every now and again start one!
Reply 4
Original post by serpent666
Maybe delete your messages together so you can text them less easily?

Yeah i have done that. But u see in my whole life (no exaggeration) I never felt bad being the one to text first. but now as I am growing older (19 yrs old) I realised it is best to give people space and not to invest in them more than they invest in your cuz that can be emotionally and mentally draining trust moii :biggrin: I just need to remember tht and control myself

Original post by UWS
Is that a bad thing? Unless they were clearly not interested in talking (e.g. one word replies), messaging first isn't bad.

Look above x
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah i have done that. But u see in my whole life (no exaggeration) I never felt bad being the one to text first. but now as I am growing older (19 yrs old) I realised it is best to give people space and not to invest in them more than they invest in your cuz that can be emotionally and mentally draining trust moii :biggrin: I just need to remember tht and control myself

I relate paha:frown: it's a bit sad tbh
Reply 6
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Is there any particular reason you want to stop texting them? Some people are better at texting than others, and if they didn't want to talk to you at all they just wouldn't text back. I have some friends who would never, ever send the first text in a million years, but they are perfectly happy to chat to me if I text them first.

Heck, even my partner never texts me first, and I know I mean a lot to him.

You can't put so much emphasis on who texts first. Fair enough if you're texting people all day every day and nudging them if they don't reply you should chill out a bit, but if you just fancy a chat every now and again start one!

It's just I want to stop because I become attatched/ emotionally invested if I text daily. I dont like it when my efforts are
not reciprocated.

[QUOTE="serpent666;77760646"]
Original post by Anonymous

I relate paha:frown: it's a bit sad tbh

I know it is sad :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest