The Student Room Group
Reply 1
log(u) is real for u>0

0x2π0\le x\le2\pi combined with 0yπ0\le y\le\pi [edit: there is obviously the equivalent2πyπ-2\pi\le y \le-\pi] gives real values, as does:
2πx0-2\pi\le x\le0 combined with πy<0-\pi\le y<0 [edit: here there is the equivalent πy<2π\pi\le y<2\pi]also give real values. I think these are all combinations.

Does this help you?
Reply 2
nota bene
log(u) is real for u>0

0x2π0\le x\le2\pi combined with 0yπ0\le y\le\pi [edit: there is obviously the equivalent2πyπ-2\pi\le y \le-\pi] gives real values, as does:
2πx0-2\pi\le x\le0 combined with πy<0-\pi\le y<0 [edit: here there is the equivalent πy<2π\pi\le y<2\pi]also give real values. I think these are all combinations.

The domain in the xy plane would be xsiny>0 though.
Reply 3
notnek
The domain in the xy plane would be xsiny>0 though.

Yes, and that's surely what I've written:confused:

i.e. my first line reads: "let x vary between 0 and 2pi at the same time as letting y vary between 0 and pi OR y vary between -2pi and -pi."
Reply 4
thats what i got for the domain, but how would i sketch this? in the region? what would the boundary lines be?
Reply 5
nota bene
Yes, and that's surely what I've written:confused:

i.e. my first line reads: "let x vary between 0 and 2pi at the same time as letting y vary between 0 and pi OR y vary between -2pi and -pi."

Sorry it's just that i've already done this question and was just checking if my answers are correct.

I agree with you about the combinations.
Reply 6
i still dont understand how to draw it including the boundary lines...
Reply 7
choccookies
i still dont understand how to draw it including the boundary lines...

Nota bene told you the regions that you need to shade in your graph so I don't see your problem.
Reply 8
sorry, this is the first time im trying a question like this,am i drawing the graph of xsiny and shading in the regions?

Latest