The Student Room Group

French GCSE Writing Exam (AQA) Query 2018

So I did my French Writing exam for the AQA 9-1 spec a couple days ago and I'm a bit worried on the amount I wrote. In the end, I ended up writing quite a lot compared to the range of words they tell us to write about. However, I did make sure to include 5/6 tenses and lots of vocab but does anyone know if writing too much will affect my marks? Do they stop marking my work after a certain number of words?
As far as i know, no it doesnt matter. In my mock i wrote way more than recommended and got a 9. They definitely dont stop marking after a certain number of words. What my teacher stressed to me is that its quality over quantity. Its more important that what youre writing us of high quality as opposed to how much of it there is. Besides, theres no point worrying about it now since the exam is over. Good luck witb your results!
Original post by Eesha Ahsen
So I did my French Writing exam for the AQA 9-1 spec a couple days ago and I'm a bit worried on the amount I wrote. In the end, I ended up writing quite a lot compared to the range of words they tell us to write about. However, I did make sure to include 5/6 tenses and lots of vocab but does anyone know if writing too much will affect my marks? Do they stop marking my work after a certain number of words?

My teachers have told me that the examiners are required to read EVERYTHING the student has written in their answer booklet, regardless of the word count.

I believe the word count is only in place to ensure people write enough, not to limit them.

I'm sure you did amazing :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Nihilisticb*tch
As far as i know, no it doesnt matter. In my mock i wrote way more than recommended and got a 9. They definitely dont stop marking after a certain number of words. What my teacher stressed to me is that its quality over quantity. Its more important that what youre writing us of high quality as opposed to how much of it there is. Besides, theres no point worrying about it now since the exam is over. Good luck witb your results!

Okay, that's good. If you don't mind me asking, how far over the word limit did you end up going? My questions said to write about 90 words for the first and 150 for the second, but I ended up writing 200 and 300 words respectively.
Original post by Eesha Ahsen
Okay, that's good. If you don't mind me asking, how far over the word limit did you end up going? My questions said to write about 90 words for the first and 150 for the second, but I ended up writing 200 and 300 words respectively.

Honestlt cant remember. I filled up all the space supplied at least and maybe even a bit more. I probably wrote about the same amount as you
removed
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest