Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not planning to make a move that's just evil... but i wondered if i should say something to him... Oh and he keeps contemplating leaving her.
    We also recently chose are top Uni's quite early but hey, and we both plan to stay in accomodations of Uni's and he said "maybe we can stay together". Which was laughed off on my part but not his.
    Don't wait around for him to leave her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Don't wait around for him to leave her.

What? But how would you feel if it was your partner that someone was trying it on with? Think of it from the gf's point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meep!)
    What? But how would you feel if it was your partner that someone was trying it on with? Think of it from the gf's point of view.
    She dosn't own him. His choice, if their relationship is strong enough, I don't see why a transient probe should be a problem. If not, well, thats something between the two of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not planning to make a move that's just evil... but i wondered if i should say something to him... Oh and he keeps contemplating leaving her.
    We also recently chose are top Uni's quite early but hey, and we both plan to stay in accomodations of Uni's and he said "maybe we can stay together". Which was laughed off on my part but not his.
    you make a move, and you'll get squished. it's suicide, don't do it. If you've been flirting around for a while, he would have made a move on you, but the fact that he still stuck to his gf means, that a) you'll just get rejected and feel ****, but more importantly, b) everyone will think that you are a biatch trying to take someone's man.

us guy's are ********s like that, play flirting because it makes us feel attractive and so on that we are getting attention from girls. don't take it to be more thhan, just playing around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    She dosn't own him. His choice, if their relationship is strong enough, I don't see why a transient probe should be a problem. If not, well, thats something between the two of them.

Well, that may be you opinion, but I just think it highly unfair to try it on with someone who has a gf. Let them come to you, but don't be the 'boyfriend stealer' is what I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meep!)
    What's that got to do with her waiting around for him to leave his gf?:confused:

I just think it highly unfair to try it on with someone who has a gf.
    As do. I never tried it on with anyone I've liked who I know has a gf and never will do, for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    What's that got to do with her waiting around for him to leave his gf?:confused:
    Well, your post did say 'don't wait around for him to leave her', but I think I took that to mean that she should try it on with him. On second thoughts, did you mean 'go and look somewhere else'? Sorry if I got it wrong

ReputationRep:
    I meant go and look for someone whose single.

ReputationRep:
    Don't say anything to him- it'll just make him, and your friendship, awkward. Not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meep!)
    Well, that may be you opinion, but I just think it highly unfair to try it on with someone who has a gf. Let them come to you, but don't be the 'boyfriend stealer' is what I think.
    Well if she makes a pass and he takes her up on it - its clearly his choice to end/bugger up his previous relationship. I think if anything the guy is far more of a ******* then the gal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Well if she makes a pass and he takes her up on it - its clearly his choice to end/bugger up his previous relationship. I think if anything the guy is far more of a ******* then the gal.
    Even though she had the choice to stop it once she found out he had a gf?

ReputationRep:
    Even though she had the choice to stop it once she found out he had a gf?
    Yes, becasue he chose to leave his gf, she diddn't make that choice. He could (although it is tempting and a hard call) have said - thanks but no.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, I would never try it on with someone that I knew had a girlfriend, it would just be something absolutly terrible. I wouldn't like one of my friends coming on to me knowing full well that I had a boyfriend - it would be completely wrong of them! But if I let them kiss me, then of course, I'd be such a horrible person and only I would be to blame, and not them

ReputationRep:
    yeahh i have been in this situation, and I thought I would never end up with the guy I liked, but we are now together! try to sneakily find out how he really feels about you... you may be surprised
    X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linkdapink)
    In my opinion, I would never try it on with someone that I knew had a girlfriend, it would just be something absolutly terrible. I wouldn't like one of my friends coming on to me knowing full well that I had a boyfriend - it would be completely wrong of them! But if I let them kiss me, then of course, I'd be such a horrible person and only I would be to blame, and not them
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meep!)
    Well, your post did say 'don't wait around for him to leave her', but I think I took that to mean that she should try it on with him. On second thoughts, did you mean 'go and look somewhere else'? Sorry if I got it wrong

(Original post by Cutie Xx)
    Re:
    My dear Cutie Xx, I don't understand what about this post means I need to 'get over myself'... I was apologising for getting something wrong!!! Please explain, I'd love to know what you mean. I'm afraid giving neg just because you don't like me isn't really what the rep system is for.

Oh, and the whole 'who do you think you are' line is so outdated I know perfectly well who I am...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.