Thesis Proofreading Watch

Pavasaris
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi guys, I need your advice regarding thesis proofreading and editing services. Can you recommend reliable company which provides such services ? :burnout:
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Pavasaris)
Hi guys, I need your advice regarding thesis proofreading and editing services. Can you recommend reliable company which provides such services ? :burnout:
Please don't use one as depending on what you use it for it may class as cheating.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ask your supervisor for a recommendation.
Biomanedit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,Depends on the topic of your thesis, as different companies specialize in different fields.For example, I'm a Life Sciences editor - PM me if you're interested!Carol
Steve Moss BA/MA
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello there

I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this. It's an interesting topic. I've never quite understood the scepticism towards proofreading. As an undergraduate, I was always encouraged to get my work double checked by friends and family. Likewise, when I submitted my PhD thesis, I would have considered it negligent had it not undergone numerous checks by different parties prior to submission. As long as the research and fundamentals of the writing remain intact, then proofreading makes common sense, to my mind.

I have been proofreading the work of others since I started my postgraduate study several years ago, and I've recently turned professional. So if you wish to discuss this topic further, please feel free to contact me directly. I can provide a link to my service, which has received 100% positive feedback thus far. No obligation and no charge. I've been a student long enough to appreciate the pressures you face, so I'd be more than happy to help in any way that I can.

Thanks,
Steve
Emmily Watson
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
when i asked the same question to my suervisor he recommended me a professional named by Dr Wilium Auth who is a PhD professional writer at Papersplanet.co.uk i found his work pretty satisfactory
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Usernamechange1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Certainly converse with your advisor/ thesis tutor before you have a professional proofread - as previously noted it is sometimes determined as cheating.

A good way I found in my UG days were to have 3-4 people proof read each others work and swap over each assignment. This is certainly dependent upon whether you have friends willing, or satisfactory enough to provide a solid proof read and not skim read.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.47%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.76%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (95)
14.82%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
29.95%

Watched Threads