The Student Room Group

How likely is the Jekyll and Hyde question going to be on utterson

What are your predictions for the question on Jekyll and Hyde and do you think it will be on utterson seeing as not allot of people know much about him (from what I’ve heard) and because they want to give questions that people at all abilities can have a go at
Reply 1
Could be quite likely however I’d personally prefer Hyde, Utterson however has a lot to talk about how he doesn’t appear to be two sided or the fact that he is created as a very believe able and truthful character.
Reply 2
Original post by PatrykM
Could be quite likely however I’d personally prefer Hyde, Utterson however has a lot to talk about how he doesn’t appear to be two sided or the fact that he is created as a very believe able and truthful character.

It’s unlikely to be on Hyde because he is the question on the specimen paper
I guarantee you it's not going to be utterson
Reply 4
Original post by adamantacademic

Not to offend you in any way, but what makes you so sure?
Original post by _Kitty_
Not to offend you in any way, but what makes you so sure?

It's a gurantee
Reply 6
It's a gurantee

Oh? Who do you think it will be on/what theme?
Reply 7
It's a gurantee

it will be utterson
Reply 8
I think it'll be hyde or lanyon
if it's hyde it'll be on evil and duality
if it's lanyon it'll be on the presentation of science
I really hope it's not utterson
could potentially be on the role of women but thats really unlikely
It definately wont be jekyll, that was in my exam last year. It might be about setting or the gothic theme throughout the novel. It probably won't be utterson because you don't really get that much information about him apart from him being 'austere'. You see pretty much everything through utterson's pov and RLS dosen't reveal much about him since utterson is trying to uncover the secrets of Hyde throughout the novel. It could be about utterson's perspective, I find it hard to see that there could be a question about utterson as a character though.
Reply 10
Original post by agodp7
I think it'll be hyde or lanyon
if it's hyde it'll be on evil and duality
if it's lanyon it'll be on the presentation of science
I really hope it's not utterson
could potentially be on the role of women but thats really unlikely

The specimen question aqa released was on Hyde being a frightening outsider so it won’t be on Hyde
I dont see the point in making predictions as its virtually impossible to predict. Obviously it wont be the same as last years question but it could literally be on anything. They probably wont ask a question that the vast majority of people wont be able to answer (e.g they probably wont ask about a really small character such as Poole) but at the same time you never know, the exam board can do what they want. Honestly just make sure you know as many quotes for as many characters and themes as possible and hope for the best. Thats all we can do on the new syllabus
Original post by Shaffer96
What are your predictions for the question on Jekyll and Hyde and do you think it will be on utterson seeing as not allot of people know much about him (from what I’ve heard) and because they want to give questions that people at all abilities can have a go at

It is possible it will be Utterson but check out this PowerPoint which includes key themes, quotations and analysis. This is perfect for quick revision before exams.

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/jekyll-and-hyde-themes-and-analysis-11905867
Reply 13

What makes you so sure?
Reply 14
I don't know it's hard to guess how ever I think it will be Hyde or utters on

Quick Reply

Latest