Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing AQA Geo this year with the 1st paper tomorrow, which case studies do you think will come up? Also, does anyone know whether they actually talk about the smaller "named examples", like Swanage Bay or Lyme Regis, or do they just focus on the big 3 case studies that are: Cold/Hot Environments, Earthquakes/Volcanoes and Rainforests?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't expect a 9 marker in section c, imo as the structure has been for the past papers, multiple choice then 6 marker then 4 or vice versa; however you never know AQA are AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Kitty_)
    Anyone doing AQA Geo this year with the 1st paper tomorrow, which case studies do you think will come up? Also, does anyone know whether they actually talk about the smaller "named examples", like Swanage Bay or Lyme Regis, or do they just focus on the big 3 case studies that are: Cold/Hot Environments, Earthquakes/Volcanoes and Rainforests?
    what do you mean "big" case studies i thought we need to know specific facts and details for all our case studies. Do we not need to? That was save me lots of work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fffggghhh)
    what do you mean "big" case studies i thought we need to know specific facts and details for all our case studies. Do we not need to? That was save me lots of work
    I mean, the earthquakes/volcanoes, rainforests, and cold environments/hot deserts are the only major and big case studies, the others are all named examples, so I was wondering whether it's actually worth learning them.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't rivers and coasts a big topic with case studies as well?

ReputationRep:
    I mean, the earthquakes/volcanoes, rainforests, and cold environments/hot deserts are the only major and big case studies, the others are all named examples, so I was wondering whether it's actually worth learning them.
    i thought we had to know them all in detail. As they can come p as 6 or 9 markers

ReputationRep:
    earthquakes and volcanoes
    probably beach management scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fffggghhh)
    we need to know general facts

ReputationRep:
    Uk weather, management of tropical rainforests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrazzPrazz)
    we need to know general facts
    do we have to use the ones they give us or can we describe one that we like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ll.)
    do we have to use the ones they give us or can we describe one that we like
    you mean case studies? obvious one counts but i needs to be on thespecification i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrazzPrazz)
    you mean case studies? obvious one counts but i needs to be on thespecification i think
    case studies they give ? usually they tell u to choose for e.g. the volcano or eaarthquake one see link below
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...-80351-SQP.PDF
    but AQA may just give one but i doubt it since all schools teach different ones

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.