The Student Room Group

Poll

Hardest topic

Scroll to see replies

same with vectors tbh, never really know what they are asking
I like vectors admittedly, the 3d stuff is cool and fun. I went for integration because I'm currently doing it in A2 (last topic were covering) and it is so hard, much harder than AS! There are so many different methods (like 12 exercises in integration in my textbook) to remember and it takes soo much practice to actually do well.
Is this in general?

I would say VECTORS.
partial differential equations
It has to be addition and subtraction and the 2 times table it's just too hard why does it have to exist:frown:
Vectors it's a pizza take idk why u included differentiation that's toddler work
Reply 7
Original post by Kyber Ninja
What do you guys think is the hardest topic and why?

I personally think Vectors is - most abstract concept I've come across in anything so far

I also hate vectors, have you done a few maths exams?
I love C4 vectors, but it’s definetely the hardest A2 topic. My C4 exam is in 3 weeks and I still can’t do larger mark questions on vectors.
Lol you really are a shameful "burrito"(person)
Reply 10
...of A-level content?

If so: Vectors by a long-shot.
Original post by Black Water
I also hate vectors, have you done a few maths exams?

Yeah, done C1, doing C2 on Wednesday

Vectors is BS - I can find Vector AB and some other questions on it, but that's it. (ie magnitude, points of intersection, proof of two vectors being perpendicular)
Original post by TheYearNiner
Vectors it's a pizza take idk why u included differentiation that's toddler work

differential equations can be very involved - so can some of the parametric crap
Who the hell put integration? I am guessing this is core 1 and the integration is a lot easier than most topics.
Original post by monkeyman0121
Who the hell put integration? I am guessing this is core 1 and the integration is a lot easier than most topics.

Im guessing its the A Level in general, the integration gets more complicated at A2 but nothing you can handle, I would say that perhaps Trig can be a tricky subject has it can be easy to trip over yourself and get lost in a proof.

Vectors become less abstract having done M1 in my opinion and if you do physics as it gives it a more realistic application of the topic
Original post by monkeyman0121

Integration at A2 is probably the 2nd hardest topic.

It steps up quite a bit
Yeah, done C1, doing C2 on Wednesday

Vectors is BS - I can find Vector AB and some other questions on it, but that's it. (ie magnitude, points of intersection, proof of two vectors being perpendicular)

You'll do 3D and Velocities as vectors and lines as vectors next year, it steps up A bit.
Original post by M4cc4n4
You'll do 3D and Velocities as vectors and lines as vectors next year, it steps up A bit.

I'm doing all 6 maths modules this year, so I've already had experience
I'm doing all 6 maths modules this year, so I've already had experience

Ah, sorry
Original post by TheYearNiner

haha I think you haven't heard of calculus have you?

Quick Reply

Latest