Sleeping vs Exam Watch

gandalfhan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it okay if I am going to revise all night but sleep 1 hour after each hour of revision?
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why would you do that? Just sleep normally at night and wake up and revise.
leahnj
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
nah go to sleep really early and wake up at like 4am
G.Y
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leahnj)
nah go to sleep really early and wake up at like 4am
This>>
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
billie mercury
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know how you're gonna be able to concentrate if you keep disrupting your sleep pattern like that. Either way, you're gonna be tired. I guess if you really need to revise it's better to have some sleep than have none at all.
xnshma
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd recommend taking power naps instead! After each 1 hour revision session take a 10min nap, use your phone's timer as an "alarm" to wake you up. It may seem like a small amount of time but it really does help you freshen your mind up for a while, there's been plenty of proof that these "power naps" help memory!
When you wake up, you may feel quite groggy, all you need to do is splash some cold water onto your face, or drink a glass of water, getting up from your revision space also helps to revive yourself!
gandalfhan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by xnshma)
I'd recommend taking power naps instead! After each 1 hour revision session take a 10min nap, use your phone's timer as an "alarm" to wake you up. It may seem like a small amount of time but it really does help you freshen your mind up for a while, there's been plenty of proof that these "power naps" help memory!
When you wake up, you may feel quite groggy, all you need to do is splash some cold water onto your face, or drink a glass of water, getting up from your revision space also helps to revive yourself!
How did you feel the next day in the morning? Did you try it?
xnshma
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I always do it! I feel normal the next morning, but of course, everyone experiences things differently, so if you feel like you are genuinely really tired don't push yourself to do anything!
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xnshma)
(Original post by gandalfhan)
How did you feel the next day in the morning? Did you try it?
I've done this before and it doesn't work for everyone. And I personally couldn't keep it up for more than a day or two.
butfirst_coffee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i find pulling an all nighter and drinking coffee in the morning gives me super human energy for the day but i only recommend this for your last exam as it tends to burn me out for like a month after xD haha
reinainoue
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg, I went through the exact same thought process as you. I would advise to plan at your day, it really helps. Stick to the plan; for example, decide how long you are going to sleep, and what time you will wake up and go to bed.

I did my research the other day and the recommended amount of sleeping time for teens is 9.25 hours or for 7.75 hours.

Make use of the time you are commuting to school or to any location. For example, it takes me a while to get home by bus, but I usually bring flashcards with me or a textbook - basically whatever revision I have in my bag. You’ll realise that you have more time than you think.

This was all from experience and I know it works, so I hope this helps
username3941570
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wake up early.
ZENITH01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
slp 1100 wake up 500
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads