Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got CCU (the U was a major flunk obviously, they let me carry on) at AS levels with next to no revision at all. I’ve been working for about 5/6 weeks doing at least an hour and a half a day, have I left it too late? Only recently have I completely removed distractions and started working hard. I need BBC this year. Is it only wishful thinking?

ReputationRep:
    Considering that your taking your a levels I believe that early revision would have best for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taesthetichope)
    Considering that your taking your a levels I believe that early revision would have best for you
    However it is never too late to get some proper hardcore revision, albeit I am but a simple gcse student and what do I know of a level except I wish you good luck \(@[email protected])/

ReputationRep:
    in ur situation, i'd do more than an hour than a half mate, do like 5 at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taesthetichope)
    However it is never too late to get some proper hardcore revision, albeit I am but a simple gcse student and what do I know of a level except I wish you good luck \(@[email protected])/
    But what I can say is that last minute revision works best when sleep is no longer viewed as a priority, because when you think of it, the amount of time you spend sleeping could be spent looking over final few notes and cramming information, but it depends on the person you are, for example not sleeping provides me with more adrenaline as there has been a reason towards it and spurs me to write my exams

ReputationRep:
    do a pastpaper then revise what u got wrong till u can predict what to write in the question

ReputationRep:
    Work night and day. Every hour you have work do past papers question by topic on weakest topics. All you need is four hour sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inikslaw)
    in ur situation, i'd do more than an hour than a half mate, do like 5 at least
    yeah for the last 2/3 weeks I’ve been doing probably double what I started at, guess I’ve just been doing more and more as I’ve got more used to having to do it

ReputationRep:
    You're about to find out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackdrury79)
    Last year I got CCU (the U was a major flunk obviously, they let me carry on) at AS levels with next to no revision at all. I’ve been working for about 5/6 weeks doing at least an hour and a half a day, have I left it too late? Only recently have I completely removed distractions and started working hard. I need BBC this year. Is it only wishful thinking?
    You can get more done in a week if you do say 8 hours a day (pushing it - obviously split it up into sessions). One hour a day is not enough, but you can always make up for that. Now I'm doing close to 10 hours a day. Just because I've left it too late. I have two weeks until the first exam, so now it's about efficiency and proper learning. Do no NOTES! too late, just learn, read, test yourself, repeat. I like visual stuff. I have a whiteboard, and when I read something, I try and teach it to someone. So far it's stayed in my head a lot more than just reading.

I watched this video. Don't just read paragraphs. Read the first line, then the last line and then say to your self "okay so this is what I can expect". Flick through your guide, see what content to expect. Then look at questions briefly, and see what they want to to know. Then go back and read the topic module as you'll now know what you'll be expecting as well as what information you'll psychologically choose to remember as your mind picks it up as you remember the questions being asked.

Do not read it like it's a novel. I also like to summarise what each para has said, almost to test myself but again to pick up the key info.

ReputationRep:
    It is never too late to start revising so don't completely freak out, maybe try gradually increasing the number of hours you're doing every other day or every week. Make sure you take breaks often if you try doing more hours, I would even maybe recommend 10 minutes of break for every 30/40 minutes you do! Maybe watch have a music live stream or playlist specifically for revision so that when that starts playing your brain instantly knows that it's revision time! I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    1 hour and a half a day is not enough. 4-5 hours would be optimal for a GCSE student 5 hours+ for A Level. I aim for 4 hours (GCSE student here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit Joshi)
    You're about to find out lol
    It's people like you that cause this to be a bitter website. Give some useful information, why be negative. Is that some sort of coping mechanism for you? Do you love sending messages to troll people.

ReputationRep:
    I mean... if it is what else are you going to do? Stop revising and do even worse? Wouldn't recommend, m8. Get off this site, get on the grind.

You're going to need to up your hours a bit if you're leaving it late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarmaStrikes)
    It's people like you that cause this to be a bitter website. Give some useful information, why be negative. Is that some sort of coping mechanism for you? Do you love sending messages to troll people.
    How was the message negative. Surely the only person spreading negativity is you? I would check your definition of troll...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rohit Joshi)
    How was the message negative. Surely the only person spreading negativity is you? I would check your definition of troll...
    There is not a hint of positivity. You write like you're an judgemental, edgy teenager who thinks he knows it all. This is a guy in need of advice about if he can finish something important to him and you say "You're about to find out lol". I can tell you're probably this edgy guy who sits behind his computer screen all day, playing fortnite all day or something. A bitter personality and you choose to use it in sarcastic tones. Don't comment if you're not giving formative advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackdrury79)
    Personally, I would say that you have left it too late (I have done 7.5 hours a week since Christmas for my GCSEs) but there is no way to change that now you just need to start working hard now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarmaStrikes)
    There is not a hint of positivity. You write like you're an judgemental, edgy teenager who thinks he knows it all. This is a guy in need of advice about if he can finish something important to him and you say "You're about to find out lol". I can tell you're probably this edgy guy who sits behind his computer screen all day, playing fortnite all day or something. A bitter personality and you choose to use it in sarcastic tones. Don't comment if you're not giving formative advice.
    You seem to jump to conclusions about my character rather than actually being able to justify your comments and adressing what I had actually said. You also contradict yourself, saying "Don't comment if you're not giving formative advice", when you are doing the same.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Rohit Joshi;77791774]You seem to jump to conclusions about my character rather than actually being able to justify your comments and adressing what I had actually said. You also contradict yourself, saying "Don't comment if you're not giving formative advice", when you are doing the same.[/QU

Everything I wanted to say had already been said. On the other hand, your comment was straight up useless. Pipe down before you begin to look stupid, don't try to defend yourself, as right now your only argument is accusing me of being contradicotry XD.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.