Hattybiffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm a paramedic with 6 years exp with the London ambulance service, gaining a Foundation Degree (240 credits) in paramedic science 4 years ago.

I always wanted to do medicine, but due to a nasty battle with depression my grades at a-level were not all that. From memory CCC maths/bio/chem.

I'm looking to transfer to medicine. Has anyone any exp switching to medicine? Would I be eligible to apply for GEM / get accepted for medicine with these grades? I'm finding it difficult to see if universities would accept an FdSc to allow me a place on the course. And if I had to start from scratch, I'm not sure I would ger accepted.

Any help/guidance appreciated, thankssss
MR1999
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hattybiffa)
Hi guys,

I'm a paramedic with 6 years exp with the London ambulance service, gaining a Foundation Degree (240 credits) in paramedic science 4 years ago.

I always wanted to do medicine, but due to a nasty battle with depression my grades at a-level were not all that. From memory CCC maths/bio/chem.

I'm looking to transfer to medicine. Has anyone any exp switching to medicine? Would I be eligible to apply for GEM / get accepted for medicine with these grades? I'm finding it difficult to see if universities would accept an FdSc to allow me a place on the course. And if I had to start from scratch, I'm not sure I would get accepted.

Any help/guidance appreciated, thankssss
Some universities do have an A level requirement on the GEP program and some even have a degree requirement (Imperial College, for example). However, there are some which don't have any requirements for any qualifications prior to uni level. I only know of Nottingham and Warwick as examples, but there may be more. So you have a good chance of getting these universities at least. You could also start from scratch, as you have extenuating circumstances, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads