Turn on thread page Beta

Chemistry of Materials OCR Salters Jan 08 Marks watch

ReputationRep:
    hi guys how did you guys do in this? i did **** 46 which is a low D i went up in my AS retake to a C though but i need a B and have only just got a C for AS what do you think i should do. My teacher said if i put the effort in and got a B in aretake of jan exam and B in both courseowrks i could come out with a B but i'm worried i'll slip up. eurgh i just want college to be over!

ReputationRep:
    At my school the results in this were very poor. I got the 2nd highest in the school with 70/90 (B), but there were many people (some who usually get As) getting D, E and Us. I think the whole of my school will be resitting this one in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    The exact same happened in my school, i got 46/90, same as yours above, no one got a B grade even out of the 14 of us. A lot of them are A-graders as well, highest mark was a high C 61/90 i think, but yeah there was a mixture of U's E's and D's, with two C's. Strange, but i heard there is always a dip with this paper.

ReputationRep:
    I guess I got lucky because I got 72/90 an A in this module, someone else got 73/90, in my class. The rest for D's, E's and U's in this module, no C's or B's.

I remember the debate earlier when the paper was taken about a certain equilibrium question...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got 60/90 but last year I got all As! Not really sure what happened! I blame NMR personally...

ReputationRep:
    My college's results in this module were also very poor.

I got a C (54/90) - however after the exam I was expecting this result but looking at my signature you will see that this isn't normal for me.

I know about 5 people who got a D who were predicted A/B.

Just wondering, does anyone have a copy of this question paper? My college don't seem very willing to provide me with one (and I don't really want to pay to get my script back).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dont_trust_busdrivers)
    Yeah, I got 60/90 but last year I got all As! Not really sure what happened! I blame NMR personally...
    blaming it on naruto? :wtf?:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceyBonus)
    My college's results in this module were also very poor.

I got a C (54/90) - however after the exam I was expecting this result but looking at my signature you will see that this isn't normal for me.

I know about 5 people who got a D who were predicted A/B.

Just wondering, does anyone have a copy of this question paper? My college don't seem very willing to provide me with one (and I don't really want to pay to get my script back).
    I didnt take this exam due to illness so I got an X! Alot of people in my class went down on this one too. My teacher gave me a blank copy of the test paper which I could scan for you if you want it still!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avs)
    I didnt take this exam due to illness so I got an X! Alot of people in my class went down on this one too. My teacher gave me a blank copy of the test paper which I could scan for you if you want it still!
    That would be great! I'll PM you my email address.

ReputationRep:
    That is nice of you avs! Can you send it to me too?

ReputationRep:
    I went from 32/120 a U last year, to 84//120 which is a B! Yay! I just kept doing past papers and improved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashkash786)
    I went from 32/120 a U last year, to 84//120 which is a B! Yay! I just kept doing past papers and improved!

Isn't the module you are refering to chemistry by design. Not chemistry of materials.

ReputationRep:
    ^ oopps i'm sorry i'm on about chemistry of natural resources! lollz sorry my bad! i did awful in chemistry of materials, i got 42/90 which is an E, really terrible lol

ReputationRep:
    this may sound stupid

but what is the difference between OCR chemistry and OCR salters

i never quite understood it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbrown89)
    hi guys how did you guys do in this? i did **** 46 which is a low D i went up in my AS retake to a C though but i need a B and have only just got a C for AS what do you think i should do. My teacher said if i put the effort in and got a B in aretake of jan exam and B in both courseowrks i could come out with a B but i'm worried i'll slip up. eurgh i just want college to be over!

I got 75/90 = 83.333% A :bunny:

eeeeeaaaasssyyy

---> try revising all the organic stuff very visually.

ReputationRep:
    ^ Lol, good for you, my mate got 89/90 in this paper, wants to Dentistry he says

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashkash786)
    ^ Lol, good for you, my mate got 89/90 in this paper, wants to Dentistry he says
    Thanks!

My results really good, but you've no idea how much blood I had to spill over past papers and text books to get it.

Hopefully I'm off to Oxford. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MidnightMia*)
    Thanks!

My results really good, but you've no idea how much blood I had to spill over past papers and text books to get it.

Hopefully I'm off to Oxford. :ninja:
    To study which subject?

I think Salter's has Individual Investigation so you can make up for marks for evil modules like this. I don't think its too bad a module compared to Physics: Forces, Fields & Energy which I had the day before this exam incidentally lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabe_uk)
    To study which subject?

I think Salter's has Individual Investigation so you can make up for marks for evil modules like this. I don't think its too bad a module compared to Physics: Forces, Fields & Energy which I had the day before this exam incidentally lol.
    Biological Sciences.

Dont even mention my CW :ahhhhh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MidnightMia*)
    Biological Sciences.

Dont even mention my CW :ahhhhh:
    Im doing biology too at uni...and the chemistry c/w is whats killing me...slowly..

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.