The Student Room Group

5 Year Residency - Limited Evidence

Good Afternoon,

I have been living in the UK since i was 7 years old, I am now 19. I'm in the process of gathering my evidence to prove my residency in the UK for the past 5 years for my University, but unfortunately i have hit a wall. I can prove my residency up until last November. But i can not give any evidence up until now, i have nothing. I had been looking for jobs, had job interviews but no luck.
Im hoping that someone can provide some sort of help, orif i can talk to someone that has been in the same position as me.
Will I still be able to apply for a student loan?

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JakePoelsing
Good Afternoon,

I have been living in the UK since i was 7 years old, I am now 19. I'm in the process of gathering my evidence to prove my residency in the UK for the past 5 years for my University, but unfortunately i have hit a wall. I can prove my residency up until last November. But i can not give any evidence up until now, i have nothing. I had been looking for jobs, had job interviews but no luck.
Im hoping that someone can provide some sort of help, orif i can talk to someone that has been in the same position as me.
Will I still be able to apply for a student loan?

Thanks

Hi Jake,

You can still apply for funding but you will need to satisfy our residency requirements to be eligible for funding. It will need to show you have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years. Do you have bank statements for the last few months?

Thanks Erin.
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi Jake,

You can still apply for funding but you will need to satisfy our residency requirements to be eligible for funding. It will need to show you have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years. Do you have bank statements for the last few months?

Thanks Erin.

Hi Erin,
Unfortunately I do not have any bank statements for the last few months. I do have a bank account from January but no regular activity.
The only evidence i am able to provide is up to the end of November 2017, as i wanted to apply for University for September 2017, but had problems which caused me to put that on hold for another year. I had then applied for benefits in september which was cancelled in November, due to the JobCentre claiming that I had earned too much money in the year of 2016/2017, where i was still in full time education and had no job.
I was only able to get a bank account in January because the bank had previously not allowed me to create one as they were not satisfied with the evidence that i had provided.

Im now in this situation and afraid that my opportunity to go to University will soon be gone.

Thanks,
Jake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending