Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So this is a follow up question from my previous thread, “Reading books: is it worth it”. I never have time to read but I want to know how much time everyone else spends doing this. Would love to know!

ReputationRep:
    I don't read novels or books or things like that because I find that it's hard to stick to doing something I don't enjoy. However, I do enjoy reading forums and articles so I think it counts as reading.

ReputationRep:
    For entertainment purposes: No
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Often. This evening I started my 37th book of 2018. I don't feel like I spend very much of my time reading though in the grand scheme of things.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Haven't read any proper books since my extended project last year but I'll be getting back into over the summer and during my degree (not least because I have to).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't read at the moment (and haven't for 3 or 4 months) because of my GCSEs. But normally 4 or 5 hours a day, I will continue this when my GCSEs finish. I read the same book (Moonwalk - Michael Jackson's autobiography) every time I read, I read it twice a day normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Often. This evening I started my 37th book of 2018. I don't feel like I spend very much of my time reading though in the grand scheme of things.
    Amazing! How often does it usually take you to read, say, an 100-page novel?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Darkesio)
    Where did you find this gif of me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Fortunately for you, that's more books than 99% of people read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Where did you find this gif of me?
    Don't let this distract you from the fact that you replied "Yes" to the question "How often do you read?"
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't let this distract you from the fact that you replied "Yes" to the question "How often do you read?"
    It's a joke but clearly it was a crap one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's a joke but clearly it was a crap one.
    Ah my bad.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaaha

Oh wait...
    I pretty much did the same thing except unironically. :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reinainoue)
    Amazing! How often does it usually take you to read, say, an 100-page novel?
    I don't really know. :dontknow: I usually just pick up my Kindle and read a chapter here and there throughout the day. It goes with me everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Always got something on the go, have to owing to work/thesis writing.

ReputationRep:
    i read manga ...its reading right ?
    other than that i cant stand how fat a book is i'll either stop in the middle coz im bored or coz of the extravagant use of vocabulary that my tiny brain cant understand and is tired of looking up wat it means

ReputationRep:
    I'm slowly getting back into reading, I used to read everyday when I was about 14 - 16, but now I have lost interest in a lot of things, including reading. I'm currently reading The help to help me get back into reading, but I seem to only read it at work because, eh.

ReputationRep:
    I read often, maybe afew chapters a week

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.