Linneya01
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
At gcse are “facts” checked in areas like geography?
Harry123341
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I often qondwer this and I am doing a levels , what's stopping me making up facts surrounding a case study and getting the marks

as the people who mark them are really rushed they cannot fact check they don't have the time facts differ a lot , who can be sure how many people at homeless after the Hati earthquake
Sycaphore
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
We were told at GCSE that if we can't remember a number for a case study just make it up but make it sensible (i.e. do some guesstimation based on other numbers, but don't go too low or too high).

By the way, the number made homeless (displaced) by the Haiti earthquake was 1.5 million. :P
Harry123341
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
brilliant as in my textbook it says 1.25 million just goes to show how it differs so much ,

happy geographying
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads