The Student Room Group

Ineligible for for student finance due to a previous overpayment

Hi i started uni in 2016. I was only at the course a month the left due to finding out i was pregnant and i was very sick. I informed sf and set up payment plan that i have paid to date and never missed a payment. I have noe applied for 18/19 to be told i am ineligible which i feel is wrong. I know people who have dropped out of uni then returned. Is anybody in a similar situation. I have made a complaint they are in the process of finding out but more and less said they dont have a clue either. This has to be the worst company i have ever had to deal with had so much hassle ? Any advice
Original post by Georgiahorsf
Hi i started uni in 2016. I was only at the course a month the left due to finding out i was pregnant and i was very sick. I informed sf and set up payment plan that i have paid to date and never missed a payment. I have noe applied for 18/19 to be told i am ineligible which i feel is wrong. I know people who have dropped out of uni then returned. Is anybody in a similar situation. I have made a complaint they are in the process of finding out but more and less said they dont have a clue either. This has to be the worst company i have ever had to deal with had so much hassle ? Any advice

Honestly dont know what the rule is. Ask them to probide it to you.

i.e an overpayment still being recovered renders you ineligible to apply for fuurther student finance. They must be basing it on soemthing so ask them.
Original post by 999tigger
Honestly dont know what the rule is. Ask them to probide it to you.

i.e an overpayment still being recovered renders you ineligible to apply for fuurther student finance. They must be basing it on soemthing so ask them.

Hi thank you for your reply. I asked they said its because i havent paid of all my previous overpayment. People who i know have not even attempted to pay it back if they have withdrew from their course and yet can still return to education. I mean how can i pay the nearly 6 grand back before i return to education it would take me years. Also it states on the gov website for funding that you can get future funding if you have withdrew from a course previously but they may deduct some money from your future funding ( not that you cannot get it all together like they have told me) the thing is im stating all this to them and they are useless even the complaints department are useless.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Georgiahorsf
Hi thank you for your reply. I asked they said its because i havent paid of all my previous overpayment. People who i know have not even attempted to pay it back if they have withdrew from their course and yet can still return to education. I mean how can i pay the nearly 6 grand back before i return to education it would take me years. Also it states on the gov website for funding that you can get future funding if you have withdrew from a course previously but they may deduct some money from your future funding ( not that you cannot get it all together like they have told me) the thing is im stating all this to them and they are useless even the complaints department are useless.

How did you get a 6k overpayment if you left after a month?

I thought fees would be normal student debt and uit is just 1 terms maintenance less 1 month.

In any event ask them to show what rules they are relying on and to send you a copy.

You cna also ask sfe in these forums.

You can also consider putting a claim for compelling personal reasons in to get them to disregard.

http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/display.aspx?DocID=25908
Thank you ver much that is very helpfull. Could you please tell me how i ask the sf in thease forums. They just gave me 6 grand upfront for maintenance and grants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending