A Level Choices - Chemistry or Computer Science?

Watch
AustinKingsley
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm doing Maths, further maths, physics and computer science next year for college, but I'm not sure whether I should switch chemistry for computer science.
I think Chemistry gives me a greater scope for my future in terms of university degree requirements, as it could give me the option of taking medicine, but computer science could open the doors to a computing related degree. But I don't know what to commit to for my future's sake, as I'm not sure whether I should turn to medicine, engineering or computer science in uni.
So computer science or Chemistry A Level?
Any tips/personal knowledge on the issue would be greatly appreciated
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AustinKingsley)
So I'm doing Maths, further maths, physics and computer science next year for college, but I'm not sure whether I should switch chemistry for computer science.
I think Chemistry gives me a greater scope for my future in terms of university degree requirements, as it could give me the option of taking medicine, but computer science could open the doors to a computing related degree. But I don't know what to commit to for my future's sake, as I'm not sure whether I should turn to medicine, engineering or computer science in uni.
So computer science or Chemistry A Level?
Any tips/personal knowledge on the issue would be greatly appreciated
Firstly you only need to take 3 A levels. Most universities will take you for computing without computer science as long as you have Maths. Most universities require Biology A level for Medicine. Some do not but you will be very restricted without it. Also sometimes Further Maths does not count as a further A level for Medicine courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (153)
60.71%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed