The Student Room Group

English lit - what have you done?

What key quotes have you learnt for the following:

-Macbeth
-An Inspector Calls
-Christmas carol

Scroll to see replies

For Inspector Calls, mr Bruff’s revision song and then a couple for each character/theme. You only need one/two per point x
Reply 2
Original post by moonlightbaeee
For Inspector Calls, mr Bruff’s revision song and then a couple for each character/theme. You only need one/two per point x

What questions are likely to come up for macbeth and Christmas carol ?x
To be honest I just state quotes everywhere I go, I link real life scenarios in school and piss people off by stating a quote to go with it
Original post by Taesthetichope
To be honest I just state quotes everywhere I go, I link real life scenarios in school and piss people off by stating a quote to go with it

Drawing a mind map also helps, of each characters and themes
Reply 5
My teacher suggested that supernatural might turn up for Macbeth. Or Banquo. Unfortunately, I don't study Christmas Carol, but I do study An Inspector Calls. I presume it may be Eric, Gerald, Mr Birling or Sheila (Did she already turn up as a question?).
Anybody study The Sign of Four?
Original post by MapleFu
My teacher suggested that supernatural might turn up for Macbeth. Or Banquo. Unfortunately, I don't study Christmas Carol, but I do study An Inspector Calls. I presume it may be Eric, Gerald, Mr Birling or Sheila (Did she already turn up as a question?).
Anybody study The Sign of Four?

Last year I think it was Mrs B. However, this year I don't know why but I have a weird feeling that it is going to be Gerald.
Reply 7
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
Last year I think it was Mrs B. However, this year I don't know why but I have a weird feeling that it is going to be Gerald.

Yes, last year it was on Mrs Birling and the Inspector. I too also have a feeling Gerald might turn up, but it's wedged between Mr Birling or Eric!
Gerald was in one of the locked spec papers (my friends mum is an examiner for AQA)
Original post by elsaruus
Gerald was in one of the locked spec papers (my friends mum is an examiner for AQA)

Gerlad or Shiela cant be it.

Eric or Mr Birling.

Mr Birling is easy and Eric
Original post by elsaruus

ah ok
Original post by Midokul
Gerlad or Shiela cant be it.

Eric or Mr Birling.

Mr Birling is easy and Eric

I wish for them two or the inspector
Reply 12
That'll be good, hopefully it is Mr Birling.
(Goodluck for Paper 1 tomorrow!)
Original post by MapleFu
That'll be good, hopefully it is Mr Birling.
(Goodluck for Paper 1 tomorrow!)

you too! btw one question to you know what mimesis is?
Reply 14
Original post by JustSomeRandomer
you too! btw one question to you know what mimesis is?

Unfortunately, I don't. I've googled around and this is what I found:
"Mimesis might be found in a play with a realistic setting or in a particularly life-like statue"

Well, I'm not sure if that helps at all, but here's the link:
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/mimesis
Mr Birling, Mrs Birling, Eric and the inspector are the most likely to come up for Edexcel.

And for macbeth anything could come up!
i have done nothing bc ima fkn idiot and it’s 12:30 and I want to sleep xxxxx
Reply 17
None, imma wake up a 6 tomorrow and make a start
Reply 18
I haven't learnt anything for great expectations what's likely to come up?
Original post by MapleFu
Unfortunately, I don't. I've googled around and this is what I found:
"Mimesis might be found in a play with a realistic setting or in a particularly life-like statue"

Well, I'm not sure if that helps at all, but here's the link:
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/mimesis

yeah it kinda did thanks.

Quick Reply