Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello fellow engineers.

I'm creating this thread as a list of people who are studying or working in the area of engineering. The purpose of this thread is as a contact list of sorts with basic info on those given so that people with questions in a certain field/course/uni can direct them to a relevant person.

I am currently looking for people who are interested in putting themselves forwards in this. If you are interested in being put on this list I have the following template currently (entirely optional to follow) and if you have any extra info that you would like to give there is an extras section at the bottom of it:

Course/profession:
University and current year:
If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer:
Titles and extra details:

Doonesbury Smack

Spoiler:
Show

Vikingninja
Civil Engineering
University of Surrey, 2nd year
8 weeks summer placement under a consultancy, worked in highways structures

trapking
Mechanical Engineering
University of Sussex, graduated
Newcastle University, MSc Offshore Engineering
11 week placement in Philadelphia, UPenn

Helloworld_95
Aerospace Engineering (Control systems)
University of Sheffield, MEng
Entering PhD Mechanical Engineering (wind energy)
6 week placement at UoS, 3 months at International Financial Analytics company

Ade9000
Chemical Engineering
University College London, MEng (graduated)
One-year contract as a process engineer in agrochemicals. Currently a graduate at a power plant

trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course/profession: BEng Mechanical Engineering (completed) + MSc Offshore Engineering (In progress)

University and current year: University of Sussex, Graduated. Newcastle University (In progress)

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: ~11 week placement in Philadelphia, UPenn.

Titles and extra details: Any questions related to Mechanical Engineering/Offshore engineering feel free to ask
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course/profession: MEng Aerospace Engineering, Control Systems (<2 weeks to go!) + PhD Mechanical Engineering (starting September 2018), Wind Energy

University and current year: University of Sheffield (nearly graduated), University of Strathclyde

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: 6 weeks placement at UoS, 3 months at International Financial Analytics company

Titles and extra details: I'm your guy for any questions about Aero and Control Systems (including robotics), and my research is in Wind Energy and Aerodynamics. I know a decent amount about Mechanical engineering too so feel free to try me on that also
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Course/profession: MEng Aerospace Engineering, Control Systems (<2 weeks to go!) + PhD Mechanical Engineering, Wind Energy

University and current year: University of Sheffield (nearly graduated), University of Strathclyde

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: 6 weeks placement at UoS, 3 months at International Financial Analytics company

Titles and extra details: I'm your guy for any questions about Aero and Control Systems (including robotics), and my research is in Wind Energy and Aerodynamics. I know a decent amount about Mechanical engineering too so feel free to try me on that also
Is your PhD for mech eng done before your MEng for aerospace?
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Is your PhD for mech eng done before your MEng for aerospace?
Hahahaha, edited
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Posting on this again to see if there is anymore interest.
Ade9000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Course/profession: MEng Chemical Engineering

University and current year: University College London, graduated

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: One-year contract as a process engineer in agrochemicals. Currently a graduate at a power plant

Titles and extra details: Talk to me about chemical engineering, the power industry, and lab-based roles.
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ade9000)
Course/profession: MEng Chemical Engineering

University and current year: University College London, graduated

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: One-year contract as a process engineer in agrochemicals. Currently a graduate at a power plant

Titles and extra details: Talk to me about chemical engineering, the power industry, and lab-based roles.
Thanks, a lot of stuff was happening IRL so I hadn't added this sooner.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (166)
66.4%
No (84)
33.6%

Watched Threads