The Student Room Group

Engineering contact list

Hello fellow engineers.

I'm creating this thread as a list of people who are studying or working in the area of engineering. The purpose of this thread is as a contact list of sorts with basic info on those given so that people with questions in a certain field/course/uni can direct them to a relevant person.

I am currently looking for people who are interested in putting themselves forwards in this. If you are interested in being put on this list I have the following template currently (entirely optional to follow) and if you have any extra info that you would like to give there is an extras section at the bottom of it:

Course/profession:
University and current year:
If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer:
Titles and extra details:

@Doonesbury @Smack

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Course/profession: BEng Mechanical Engineering (completed) + MSc Offshore Engineering (In progress)

University and current year: University of Sussex, Graduated. Newcastle University (In progress)

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: ~11 week placement in Philadelphia, UPenn.

Titles and extra details: Any questions related to Mechanical Engineering/Offshore engineering feel free to ask :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Course/profession: MEng Aerospace Engineering, Control Systems (<2 weeks to go!) + PhD Mechanical Engineering (starting September 2018), Wind Energy

University and current year: University of Sheffield (nearly graduated), University of Strathclyde

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: 6 weeks placement at UoS, 3 months at International Financial Analytics company

Titles and extra details: I'm your guy for any questions about Aero and Control Systems (including robotics), and my research is in Wind Energy and Aerodynamics. I know a decent amount about Mechanical engineering too so feel free to try me on that also :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Helloworld_95
Course/profession: MEng Aerospace Engineering, Control Systems (<2 weeks to go!) + PhD Mechanical Engineering, Wind Energy

University and current year: University of Sheffield (nearly graduated), University of Strathclyde

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: 6 weeks placement at UoS, 3 months at International Financial Analytics company

Titles and extra details: I'm your guy for any questions about Aero and Control Systems (including robotics), and my research is in Wind Energy and Aerodynamics. I know a decent amount about Mechanical engineering too so feel free to try me on that also :smile:

Is your PhD for mech eng done before your MEng for aerospace?
Original post by Vikingninja
Is your PhD for mech eng done before your MEng for aerospace?

Hahahaha, edited :smile:
Posting on this again to see if there is anymore interest.
Course/profession: MEng Chemical Engineering

University and current year: University College London, graduated

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: One-year contract as a process engineer in agrochemicals. Currently a graduate at a power plant

Titles and extra details: Talk to me about chemical engineering, the power industry, and lab-based roles.
Original post by Ade9000
Course/profession: MEng Chemical Engineering

University and current year: University College London, graduated

If graduated and/or had placement, years experience and employer: One-year contract as a process engineer in agrochemicals. Currently a graduate at a power plant

Titles and extra details: Talk to me about chemical engineering, the power industry, and lab-based roles.

Thanks, a lot of stuff was happening IRL so I hadn't added this sooner.

Quick Reply

Latest