The Student Room Group

Sex before marriage?????

Hello,

So i have been thinking about this for a while because i am a christian and i want to do the right thing to please God. The problem is that i don't believe there are many boys/men who will be willing to wait. So what do you think? should i wait or not??

P.S. I'm also worried about what would happen if i finally get the right man but we are not compatible.
if you wait you may not live to see that day
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

So i have been thinking about this for a while because i am a christian and i want to do the right thing to please God. The problem is that i don't believe there are many boys/men who will be willing to wait. So what do you think? should i wait or not??

P.S. I'm also worried about what would happen if i finally get the right man but we are not compatible.

Its up to you but your first time should be with someone who will be your partner for life since it can cause some issues if they aren't.
Hello,

It's perfectly fine to want to wait for marriage if those are your beliefs. If a guy doesn't want to wait then he isn't the right one for you.

As for the compatibility thing, that is something I see as an issue with waiting until marriage, but if it is important to you then you can try to overcome any bedroom issues together as a couple.
Reply 4
a> how could he be the "right" man, if you are not compatible?? That statement baffles me. If your partner is the 'right' person, then you ARE compatible. I thought that was what that statement meant.

The percentage of marriages that end in divorce is about 57% in western countries [those where the females are not bought and sold like cattle or donkeys. Of the remaining 43 % (approximately), surveys have shown that in about 32%, at least one partner says that 'they would leave the marriage if they could'. Usually, the reason they cannot, is finances. Many women don't bother acquiring salable skills, because they expect to get married, and have their husband earn all the money. This is making the assumption that the marriage will last their lifetime. Many don't. Of the remaining marriages, about 10% to 15% of them have both partners say that they are happy, and don't want to change anything If you are divorced, with one or more kids in tow, you are most likely having a hard time making ends meet & providing a home and food/clothing for your kids. The incentive is to go bar hopping, and try energetically to find some guy that will 'take you in'. You are NOT 'negotiating from a position of strength'. You are clearly desperate, and will most likely end up with some 'neerdowell' that will end up mopping up the floor with you, when he is not out chasing other gals at other bars.

If you are making [as an example] £50,000 writing computer software, as opposed to working as a waitress, you are not driven to accept the first guy that starts 'hitting on you'. Also, you can afford a nice place to live, and hire child care when you need it. Assume that you are 7 or 8 years out of uni, have a professional degree, like computer science, and have some savings. Suppose you were offered an opportunity to get into a financial arrangement that could (if successful) roughly double your net worth. If unsuccessful, it could result in the loss of 2/3 of your net worth, and involve you in legal controversy for some time. The likelihood of success of the arrangement is about 10% to 15%. Would you take on the financial arrangement??? To me, the risks far outweigh the potential benefit. About 85% of really SERIOUS arguments between marriage partners are over finances.

Personally, i would be unwilling to consider becoming seriously involved with someone, without 'trying it out' first. This would include observing how the other person manages money, and their other resources. Unfortunately, in my state, this used to be a felony, putting it out of reach if you wanted to be employable afterwards. Perhaps that is one of the reasons i'm still single. Cheers.
Reply 5

Ah well that's a decision you have to make. Roll the dice and hope you'll find a man who is sexually compatible or turn against God. The choice is yours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending