?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
--
blondevalkyrie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's your reaction thats most important, as your the one sitting them all- I personally couldnt sit that many!
Barry Scott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Woah thats a lot. How much do they cost? I thought they were £15. If so, my resits add up to a total of £15 :p:
SylverStrike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing thirteen, but they're for AS level (apart from maths) so that's a bit different. If you think you can handle the workload, then I say go for it, since it'll be worth it after all of the hard work.
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got more...

4 for maths, 6 for spanish (one unit = 3 exams), 3 for philosophy and 3 for english.
imaginary_world
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you think you can handle it then go for it, and your timetable might be nice so you have like two exams a week spaced out over a long time, so it might not be too bad. i know i had seven exams in january and i had one on monday, tuesday, wednesday, and thursday, which pretty much killed me (not my results though ). so yeah, go for it.

although i would like to qeustion how many retake you are doing to rack up £160 worth of them
Areontas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's a lot, but if you think you can cope fine and if you start working early you should be OK. I know of a few people in a similar situation - they've left all their resits till the summer. I was contemplating resitting some AS modules from last year, but none of my universities are bothered about that. If I did, I'd have 13 exams (including General Studies), but instead I've got 11. However, I only really count it as 8 because I don't intend to work to the same extent for General Studies!
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by angel_eyes00005)
its always good to know im not the only one. :p:
*grins*

2 are orals and 1 is a synoptic taken in april though.

So I should be fine, right...right? RIGHT

*screams and runs around*
:cool:
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And i thought paying 80 pounds for resits was a lot . There's a lot of exams there, but as long as you have the determination and put in the effort, there's no reason why you shouldn't come out on top

Good luck to you
krisstassen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
15 retakes is £159.50 which i rounded up. but its 14 exams and 1 coursework.
I got around 11!!!..im gna start revising now for the easier modules..such as my c1 where im gonna push for 100..look for at least 90 (out of 100)..so summer time i onnly concentrate on my new exams..
Frater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm sitting around 19 modules.

6 maths
4 Law
2 Turkish (3 hour papers 3 modules in each)
3 Economics
francescarella
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
whoah you guys are crazy thats a tough amount of exams to have in june. i thought the usual lod of synoptics were bad enough. all i can say good luck and i hope it all works out for u.
eat biscuits and drink lots of booze. that might help (tho not the nite b4 the exams lol)
siQ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its added upto £160.00 for the resits.

my exams are 5 from chemistry (out of 6 for the full a-level), 4 from maths, 1 from sociology and 4 from english (1 of them is coursework) and AEA critical thinking.

furthermore, chemistry, maths and english are some of the harder a-levels. sociology is easy so thats the only one thats going to be a doddle.

plus, i need AAA to get the career i wish to have (in Law). preferably AAAA plus distinction.

have i taken on too much. (i highly ambitious though and need to do all the exams if i have a chance to get AAAA).

reactions please.
Get off TSR and start revising
domestic_goddess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow how are you gonna fit that all in. ive done 2 exams a day for 2 consecutive days once and totally fudged them up. theres no way i could handle that many exams over one exam period- good luck to you
Hedgeman49
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OP, according to your sig, your offer for your firm is AAB... why the vast numbers of resits? According your predicted grades you're more than safe.
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't mean to sound stupid, but I didn't know you had to pay for resits?

Is this a new system for this year? We didn't have to pay last year.
CCDB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im doing retakes worth £144.00 that SUCKS....and dw...jus keep ur head down and workk...if its gta be done, then its gta be done...buh remember, if ur initial go at the exams wasnt too bad, that grade will be taken into account. goood luk =)
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
which uni are u planning to transfer to?
TeamBlueGravy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you've paid for them do it. What ever you want you have to go get it, if it means working your ass off then do it man. Besides if you've paid for it....

Sorry if im jacking a copyrighted sologan from a certain clothes manufactor but 'just do it'
Funguy
Report 10 years ago
I have also got a lot of exams in June:

8 AS's(resits)
7 A2's

So 15 altogether.(OMG!) Resits will cost 12.50 each and 10 pound for admission, therefore 110 pound in total.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?