Applying for Uni with 2 A-levels Watch

AlexanderGR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
So I'm currently undergoing AS exams yet feel I'm underachieving due to a large amount of complications throughout the year. I'm studying 3 topics - Maths, Biology and Chemistry plus an additional Welsh baccalaureate course. Next year I'm considering dropping a subject (Likely Chemistry) to reduce my workload so I can focus more on 2 subjects and AS resits.

My main question would be:
Would an application be more enticing if I was to achieve higher grades in 2 A levels (Hopefully A/A*) or achieve, say C,B,B with 3 A levels? (Also, say both of these results include a distinction in the Welsh Baccalaureate course).
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AlexanderGR)
So I'm currently undergoing AS exams yet feel I'm underachieving due to a large amount of complications throughout the year. I'm studying 3 topics - Maths, Biology and Chemistry plus an additional Welsh baccalaureate course. Next year I'm considering dropping a subject (Likely Chemistry) to reduce my workload so I can focus more on 2 subjects and AS resits.

My main question would be:
Would an application be more enticing if I was to achieve higher grades in 2 A levels (Hopefully A/A*) or achieve, say C,B,B with 3 A levels? (Also, say both of these results include a distinction in the Welsh Baccalaureate course).
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

My understanding is the welsh bacc counts as an A level.
So it would be 2 x A level + WB?

Check the courses you are interested in that they would accept it. If so

without a doubt then 2 high rated A levels plus WB is better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.77%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (74)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
15.17%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.05%
How can I be the best version of myself? (116)
29.82%

Watched Threads