The Student Room Group

Applying for Uni with 2 A-levels

So I'm currently undergoing AS exams yet feel I'm underachieving due to a large amount of complications throughout the year. I'm studying 3 topics - Maths, Biology and Chemistry plus an additional Welsh baccalaureate course. Next year I'm considering dropping a subject (Likely Chemistry) to reduce my workload so I can focus more on 2 subjects and AS resits.

My main question would be:
Would an application be more enticing if I was to achieve higher grades in 2 A levels (Hopefully A/A*) or achieve, say C,B,B with 3 A levels? (Also, say both of these results include a distinction in the Welsh Baccalaureate course).
Original post by AlexanderGR
So I'm currently undergoing AS exams yet feel I'm underachieving due to a large amount of complications throughout the year. I'm studying 3 topics - Maths, Biology and Chemistry plus an additional Welsh baccalaureate course. Next year I'm considering dropping a subject (Likely Chemistry) to reduce my workload so I can focus more on 2 subjects and AS resits.

My main question would be:
Would an application be more enticing if I was to achieve higher grades in 2 A levels (Hopefully A/A*) or achieve, say C,B,B with 3 A levels? (Also, say both of these results include a distinction in the Welsh Baccalaureate course).

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

My understanding is the welsh bacc counts as an A level.
So it would be 2 x A level + WB?

Check the courses you are interested in that they would accept it. If so

without a doubt then 2 high rated A levels plus WB is better.

Quick Reply

Latest