Help! I am panicking about Student finance England. Watch

Layla785
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hello there.

Long story short, I'm a Norwegian citizen but I've been in the UK for 12 years therefore I qualify as a home student.

I'm 24 years old and I haven't been to university before so this is my first time dealing with student finance. As I'm not a UK citizen, I have to prove that I've been in the UK for a period of 5 years. I have access to original bank statements that covers the 5 year period with no gaps. However, I have heard that everything is at the assessor's discretion which could very well mean that for whatever reason, they may not consider my evidence sufficient.

I have been working on and off for the past 5 years but I do not have a consistent set of payslips, etc to hand so there's no way for me to be able to send all of that information off to them.

So worst case scenario, if they were to reject my bank statements is insufficient evidence and there was no other way for me to prove my residency in the UK, would that mean that my sf would be rejected completely or would it mean that I just have no access to the maintenance loan but still eligible for the 9k tuiton fees?

Really stressed out. Thank you!
Erin SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Layla785)
Hello there.

Long story short, I'm a Norwegian citizen but I've been in the UK for 12 years therefore I qualify as a home student.

I'm 24 years old and I haven't been to university before so this is my first time dealing with student finance. As I'm not a UK citizen, I have to prove that I've been in the UK for a period of 5 years. I have access to original bank statements that covers the 5 year period with no gaps. However, I have heard that everything is at the assessor's discretion which could very well mean that for whatever reason, they may not consider my evidence sufficient.

I have been working on and off for the past 5 years but I do not have a consistent set of payslips, etc to hand so there's no way for me to be able to send all of that information off to them.

So worst case scenario, if they were to reject my bank statements is insufficient evidence and there was no other way for me to prove my residency in the UK, would that mean that my sf would be rejected completely or would it mean that I just have no access to the maintenance loan but still eligible for the 9k tuiton fees?

Really stressed out. Thank you!
Hi Layla,

Do you hold the right of permanent residence in the UK?

Thanks Erin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19
  • De Montfort University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Feb '19

Do you give blood?