Turn on thread page Beta

is size 12 the new pefect 10?guys opinions especially welcome watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mondo Weirdo)
    Men know bugger all about women's clothing sizes.
    Doesn't seem to stop loads of them refusing to date people who aren't such and such a size. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    size 12? size 10? Is there any real difference :s:

ReputationRep:
    There is really no point in asking men which size they prefer. They may claim to like curves more than stick thin and hence prefer a size 12 to a size 8 but we all know this isn't correct and they just have no idea what they're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrybanana)
    Doesn't seem to stop loads of them refusing to date people who aren't such and such a size. :rolleyes:
    Exactily. It's like they want women to feel even worse about themselves.

Personally I wouldn't date anyone who didn't have a size 8" **** :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ...but again, girls say equivalent stuff about guys all the time on here; if you take what people on tsr say about this sort of stuff seriously then well you deserve to have your self esteem knocked a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    ...but again, girls say equivalent stuff about guys all the time on here; if you take what people on tsr say about this sort of stuff seriously then well you deserve to have your self esteem knocked a bit
    Yeah, guys making claims about not wanting to date a girl of a certain size is hardly different to girls making claims about not wanting to date a guy of a certain height. It's kind of the point of this thread to discuss the size of girls that guys prefer so if anyone's touchy about their size it seems pretty stupid for them to start reading it in the first place.

Personally, I've never understood the whole "curvy" girls thing. I think the male masses have been bludgeoned into claiming that's what they want by the ceaseless complaining about people being too thin that you find in the media (which I find heartily ironic given that so many people are now obese). It seems that we're forced into either claiming to like curvy girls or everyone thinks we want someone who looks like a stick insect. I'm going to say ******* that and that I prefer a girl who is slim and sporty.

ReputationRep:
    Well, tbh, it all depends on height.
    For example, Me: i should probably be a size 10 or 8 seeing as im 5"1 and because im a size 12, id say im chubby/fat.
    But then again, i dont think it makes me overly overweight.. just a little overweight lols
    So if your around 5"3 + then i think its normal, maybe even pretty slim/skinny (:
    But then again, it depends... You may have a wide back or wide hips whereas other parts of your body is smaller. Its all got to do with proportion and height i guess.

ReputationRep:
    its difficult I mean I'm not even one size! I'm like a size 14/16 on my bust a size 8 on my waiste and a size 10/12 on the hips...but having said that I get little male attention....I haven't got a clue what the right size is in terms of whats attractive, but I do know that it'd make clothes shopping a whole lot easier if I was all one size!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    its difficult I mean I'm not even one size! I'm like a size 14/16 on my bust a size 8 on my waiste and a size 10/12 on the hips...but having said that I get little male attention....I haven't got a clue what the right size is in terms of whats attractive, but I do know that it'd make clothes shopping a whole lot easier if I was all one size!!!
    Thread is over a year old. Please don't reply to old threads.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think that it doesn't really matter the size of a person, just as long as they look good and feel good in themselves?
    Like, a size 4 girl could very well look just as lovely as a size 10 girl, but in different ways. The size 10 girl may have more curves, the size 4 girl may be thinner, but they could both look just as nice as each other, but in their own special way.
    I'm 5"6.5 and a size 10-12 (it varies, as many have said, from different shops and makes of clothing etc) and I would hate to think that people would be put off me because of the number on a dress?
    I mean, this is Crystal Renn,

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-c...stal_renn2.jpg

a very successful plus size model, who is a US size 12- and I think, personally- (again, depends on the person! )- that she is very beautiful and just as pretty as say, Agyness Deyn? Another model, who is also very beautiful, but in a different way, as she is a US size 4. Teeny-tiny! But that doesn't mean she's not gorgeous

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/wp-c...stal_renn2.jpg

Thats my opinion.. I don't think that you can judge on a number alone.. People can be beautiful regardless of their dress size, I reckon. They just have to find the right kind of body shape for them, if you know what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in Topshop. Guys do not know womens sizes - they seem to think the staff can tell the size of their girlfriends if they measure out their hands as if they were measuring out the size of a tv. I distinctly remember a guy at Christmas measuring out the sizes that he wishes his girlfriend was. However optimistic he was being he did lean towards the idea - curvier the better.

In my experience guys just want someone who looks healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Umm no.

Guys saying they like chubby women is a big fat lie.
    Just like women saying that looks don't matter, they want the 'nice guy' and that money doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    No, most certainly not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Umm no.

Guys saying they like chubby women is a big fat lie.
    Just like women saying that looks don't matter, they want the 'nice guy' and that money doesn't matter.
    It depends how fat your idea of chubby is. My own preference, along with a lot of other guys (I think), is a healthy looking girl with curves in all the right places. A little bit of something to grab onto without it having its own center of gravity is much preferred to the pallid ill look.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, as a guy i dont even know what size 10 or 12 is. also probably 90% of the girls who think they are fat are in fact not, and they are probably in reality too skinny.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.