Should I crash Higher Physics when doing Nat 5 Maths?

Watch this thread
Treborrr_
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Going into S6 and Considering giving Higher Physics a go (or atleast in June) as it seems like an interesting course and have always wanted to give Physics a go. My Maths is not particularly strong as I’m doing Nat 5 and think I may have failed the exam. If so I will think I may have failed the exam. If so I will obviously be resting next year. Will it be a real struggle doing Higher Physics when Maths isn’t very strong ? If I did physics would probably revise the Nat 5 stuff through summer and maybe briefly touch on the Higher stuff. Also I will be working very hard in Maths next year fairy confident it should be fine resting that (Also I did and will maybe be resitting Higher Chemistry next year if that does not go to good) Would be aiming for a C in Physics if I did it. Advice on this would be good.
Joe_MacDougall
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Higher physics never goes beyond nat5 maths. I speak from experience. I did national 5 maths in 4th year and didn't do higher maths in 5th year but did Higher Physics in 5th year. I didn't find not doing higher maths to be limiting in any way in physics.
Joe_MacDougall
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
In higher physics you primarily rearrange equations and plugging in variables. There might be a tiny bit of vectors as well but the rest is KU. Most of what you do in physics is just rearranging equations to find a variable and KU.
Joe_MacDougall
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
There's no logs or drawing quadratics/cubics etc in higher physics anyway. Just remember that the highers are changing this year so things could change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (124)
68.13%
No (37)
20.33%
I didn't use it to prepare (21)
11.54%

Watched Threads