Turn on thread page Beta

Most...I know not all of them do.

ReputationRep:
    because the ting goes skrrrrrrrrra

ReputationRep:
    Probably because most mainstream artists are black

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Grime is becoming more mainstream and Rap already is.

ReputationRep:
    Most Rappers are black and black is usually associated with being a thug and being rebellious. There are exceptions - John Legend, Khalid and Pharrel Williams

ReputationRep:
    Rap is an art, that's why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    I bet you listen to a lot of "grime".

(Original post by Sir P.Ennis)
    I bet you listen to a lot of "grime".
    Yeah quite a bit

ReputationRep:
    Firslty they don't only like rap.

Secondly it is an incredibly black based music genre. Just like the blues were, except unlike the blues white poeple didn't start doing it themselves and getting massively popular off the back of it(ie rock music) and taking it over. For whatever reason rap has remained largely a black based form of music.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah quite a bit
    Typical!

Listen to some real music.

Typical!

Listen to some real music.
    Dismissed.

ReputationRep:
    It’s applicable, it relates to us. Listen to Trapsoul and you’ll get it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Dismissed.
    No wonder you lot are so prone to violence. When all you listen to is poison.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know this ?Some do some dont.Some listen to a wide range of music.Just because someone has a darker hued skin does not mean they listen to a certain type of music.

No wonder you lot are so prone to violence. When all you listen to is poison.
    Actually, rap music can be very uplifting, especially for black people as we are still oppressed today. Artists such as Kendrick Lamar gives us hope such as his song ‘Alright’ and not all rappers promote violence so yeah you are dismissed

ReputationRep:
    Actually, rap music can be very uplifting, especially for black people as we are still oppressed today. Artists such as Kendrick Lamar gives us hope such as his song ‘Alright’ and not all rappers promote violence so yeah you are dismissed
    Oh my god no you're not oppressed any more. Stop trying to play like you are still a victim of the system. That card expired a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    Becoming more mainstream? It was relatively mainstream 10 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god no you're not oppressed any more. Stop trying to play like you are still a victim of the system. That card expired a while ago.
    Maybe op individually is not oppressed (or may be), but there are people of all races who are in oppressive situations. The op means music is good for people suffering - no need to judge them.

ReputationRep:
    I have a great memory of walking through New Cross quite late at night and hearing really loud metal booming from a car sat in the traffic. We all turned our heads, expecting to see aging metalheads and were happily surprised to see some of the most gangstery looking black guys moshing away. They gave us a big grin and a thumbs up and we did the same back.

Man, I miss London. But yeah, you shouldn't assume that just because they like rap they only like rap. When you get older, that often proves to not be the case for anyone with even the slightest hint of a personality. And black guys often do have quite the personality.

ReputationRep:
    if they listen to anything else people will think they’re oreos lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.