HeyItzCotton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have asthma and recently whenever I yawn, I start to become breathless. I have always thought it was my asthma causing it but when I asked my mom, she said I was having a panic attack. I don't understand how I could have a panic attack from yawning though, and I still don't fully understand panic attacks.

could someone please explain to me what a panic attack is and if you know then please tell me if I'm having a panic attack when I yawn or just become breathless for no reason.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HeyItzCotton)
I have asthma and recently whenever I yawn, I start to become breathless. I have always thought it was my asthma causing it but when I asked my mom, she said I was having a panic attack. I don't understand how I could have a panic attack from yawning though, and I still don't fully understand panic attacks.

could someone please explain to me what a panic attack is and if you know then please tell me if I'm having a panic attack when I yawn or just become breathless for no reason.
You are fine. It's not a panic attack. Trust me, you'd know, lol. You are overthinking it. It's normal to feel like that when you yawn, as long as it goes away after a second or two.
HeyItzCotton
Rep:
?
I forgot to mention that I sometimes become breathless for no reason and that's when I start to panic.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HeyItzCotton)
I forgot to mention that I sometimes become breathless for no reason and that's when I start to panic.
You have asthma, what do you expect?
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you on any hay fever medication or anything or do you have hay fever?
HeyItzCotton
Rep:
?
Little Popcorns, yeah I have hay fever but I think I just panicked a bit because it had been happening recently. I tend to get worried or scared quite a lot.
marinade
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Various asthma worries can be quite common in other forms of anxiety other than panic disorder. Get it checked out anyway even though it doesn't sound like a panic attack.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads