Nutrition deficiency? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If I was on a diet, and say I don't eat enough so I get nutrient deficient. How quickly does it take/how quickly would you notice yourself become nutrient deficient? How quickly would it take to replenish these nutrient deficiencies?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I was on a diet, and say I don't eat enough so I get nutrient deficient. How quickly does it take/how quickly would you notice yourself become nutrient deficient? How quickly would it take to replenish these nutrient deficiencies?
It takes quite a long time for you to actually become properly deficient in anything and the less time it's been the quicker it will be to replenish things. Short term (like a couple of weeks or something) it's probably more of a shock to your system kind thing than actual deficiency and just starting to get some more stuff in you should improve things and help prevent that proper long term type of issue.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kindred)
It takes quite a long time for you to actually become properly deficient in anything and the less time it's been the quicker it will be to replenish things. Short term (like a couple of weeks or something) it's probably more of a shock to your system kind thing than actual deficiency and just starting to get some more stuff in you should improve things and help prevent that proper long term type of issue.
If I tried to increase nutrient levels today, and for the next week per se, when would I feel better. Would it be more instant/short term like a day?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
If you're on a diet and you're not getting enough vitamins, consider another diet?? Alternatively, take vitamin supplements to avoid deficiency. Of course don't rely on these supplements entirely, they're no substitute for real food.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I tried to increase nutrient levels today, and for the next week per se, when would I feel better. Would it be more instant/short term like a day?
Hard to say since the changes are usually quite subtle so although you may actually be better after a few weeks it might be so slow you don't really notice it change.
I have a feeling I've replied to another one of your posts where you're saying you're having an odd feeling in your throat and feeling generally ill. In your case I expect that you're probably a little bit ill with something (potentially partially down to you being a bit weakened with less nutrients). So you'll probably have to wait for that illness to pass before you'd actually feel any better with changing your diet. It would still absolutely be a good thing to improve your diet whenever you can though.

It's all quite hard to actually predict cos it depends on multiple factors and will be a bit different for everybody.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads