The Student Room Group
generally speaking yes
jakeee
hi, ive all but failed a very simple module in my first year by not submitting some coursework in on time (which was worth 50%)..

so my question is, whether you can still go onto the next year without having passed one of the 5 modules?

cheers, i know this be in the wrong section but i needed quick replies.

if the coursework is worth 50% of the module and the exam is 50% there is still a chance of passing the module providing you do exceptional in the exam and the coursework fail isn't too low a mark. Even if you fail the module, you should be able to resit it next year alongside your second year modules. I think in my university, if you fail more than 2 modules I think it is, you have to resit the year.
depends on the course, the module and the department

For me i only have to pass my core modules....which is 70 credits...

for some of my friends they have to pass all of them becuase they are large (20-40 credits) modules...

so ask your tutor or course co-ordinator
Reply 4
Depending on the course, if you fail at semester 1 you must do a resit in August. If you fail august you cant proceed to 2nd year.
Reply 5
basically LAW at trent, and it isnt a core module so to speak.
britishseapower
if the coursework is worth 50% of the module and the exam is 50% there is still a chance of passing the module providing you do exceptional in the exam and the coursework fail isn't too low a mark. Even if you fail the module, you should be able to resit it next year alongside your second year modules. I think in my university, if you fail more than 2 modules I think it is, you have to resit the year.

some places wont let you complete the module if you fail to submitt the coursework...so even if you did get 100% in the exam you wouldnt get a grade
Reply 7
what is the law module you failed?
Reply 8
lawyer_manc
what is the law module you failed?

professional environment, its a loads of *******s.
lilac spooge
some places wont let you complete the module if you fail to submitt the coursework...so even if you did get 100% in the exam you wouldnt get a grade

as far as I know they don't do that at my uni because when they were handing courseworks out in one module, they said that, for those who failed the coursework, there is still the opportunity to pass the module by doing well in the exam. As people have said though, it probably varies from uni to uni. To the OP, check your module handbooks, they usually advise you in there, the consequences of failing a module or one of the assessments e.t.c. failing that, speak to a tutor.
jakeee
professional environment, its a loads of *******s.

what does that entail? never heard of that one
Reply 11
Most places have a 40% pass rate for the first year overall.
Reply 12
britishseapower
what does that entail? never heard of that one

basically its this extra module theyve desgined to choose who gets a work placement in the third year.

its entails crap like, how to become a barrister/lawyer, health and safety, legal structures and similar things, bacially its a load of *******s and not important but its a part of the 5 modules that make up the first year.

the schmook who designed it must have been high at the time.

Latest

Trending

Trending