casizle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Historians,

Which interpretation did you get for the Cold War and why ?

I argued for revisionism
carlosribeiro
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Me too!

I did the 9389/32 but I am pretty certain all of the papers (31, 32, 33) are of the same school of thought.
casizle
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Solo 11)
Same!! As I've just said on the other 9389 thread, I think the only other possible interpretation was Post-Revisionist... but it seemed Revisionist to me.
It was quite a tricky paper !
It was revisionist in the sense that Stalin's actions were justified by the historian and The West's actions towards Europe were portrayed as rather confusing and hinted towards wanting to better their own position.

However... My worry lay in the last paragraph where the historian concluded by discussing something about the allies all generally not being able to work together which sounded rather post revisionist.
niamhdoesmaths
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to History
chloemtemple
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was going for post revisionist for all the reasons that you’ve mentioned but I did say there was more blame on the USA. but I felt that the historian hadn’t quite cleared the USSR I’d blame entirely and I felt like there might have been a suggestion of lack of understanding each other. I think they are both quite similar but everybody I’ve seen is saying revisionist 😭 I should’ve just not labeled it
kse18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by casizle)
It was quite a tricky paper !
It was revisionist in the sense that Stalin's actions were justified by the historian and The West's actions towards Europe were portrayed as rather confusing and hinted towards wanting to better their own position.

However... My worry lay in the last paragraph where the historian concluded by discussing something about the allies all generally not being able to work together which sounded rather post revisionist.
I didn't label the school of thought because I was unsure and it said we didn't have to on the examiner reports. My argument was that the historian blamed the USA for the breakdown of the relationship between the superpowers, however doesn't blame it for the development of the cold war. I said he explains the development of cold war as a result of the difference in their political language. I thought this paper was similar to May/june 2017's paper 31, Cold war option.
It really was tricky tho. What do you guys think about my argument? Btw if you haven't, please check paper 31 and tell me what you think
carlosribeiro
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by kse18)
I didn't label the school of thought because I was unsure and it said we didn't have to on the examiner reports. My argument was that the historian blamed the USA for the breakdown of the relationship between the superpowers, however doesn't blame it for the development of the cold war. I said he explains the development of cold war as a result of the difference in their political language. I thought this paper was similar to May/june 2017's paper 31, Cold war option.
It really was tricky tho. What do you guys think about my argument? Btw if you haven't, please check paper 31 and tell me what you think
which paper did you sat?
kse18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by carlosribeiro)
which paper did you sat?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.4%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (690)
41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (337)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.58%

Watched Threads