Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Is that a Dirac Delta Function in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?

[/worst joke ever]

you'd probably get a rapturous laugh if you said that in Cambridge.

Not here though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Jew, but I do do Judo, but not Voodoo, which Jews cannot do. Jews can do Judo though.

Or so I am led to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    you'd probably get a rapturous laugh if you said that in Cambridge.

Not here though.
    I got a couple of laughs at Imperial actually....

I tried to invent the worst possible maths joke ever. I think I succeeded :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to convert, do they allow that in Judaism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAMON)
    I'd like to convert, do they allow that in Judaism?
    Yes, although you have to be very sincere about it. It takes months to convert as you need to learn all about the laws and customs

You will need to speak with the Beth Din who will guide you in the right direction.

Judaism is one of the only religions which tries and puts people off from converting. If you believe in the God that Jews believe in then as a non-Jew you only need to keep the 7 noachide laws to be a good person and go to heaven

Just remember you will need to keep 613 Commandments as a Jew, compared to only 7 as a Non-Jew
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by robot1000)
    Yes, although you have to be very sincere about it. It takes months to convert as you need to learn all about the laws and customs

You will need to speak with the Beth Din who will guide you in the right direction.

Judaism is one of the only religions which tries and puts people off from converting. If you believe in the God that Jews believe in then as a non-Jew you only need to keep the 7 noachide laws to be a good person and go to heaven

Just remember you will need to keep 613 Commandments as a Jew, compared to only 7 as a Non-Jew
    That's not entirely true. A lot of the 613 commandments can only be done by a certain type of individual. The realistic ammount of commandments is a lot less.

ReputationRep:

Thanks for the information dude. I was just jesting.

Though you're wrong in the ''Judaism is one of the only religions which tries and puts people off from converting'' Sikhism is another relgion that does not recruit converts. (Tries to discourage)

ReputationRep:

Months? try years...seven years in othodox...though its considerably less in reform! and then if ur a guy theres the whole circumcision thing as well! i think that really puts guys off converting to judaism!

But year realistically there are about 200 - 250 laws u have to keep as some of them can only be performed by cohens and some only by men and others only by women and others only in the temple etc etc.

But women have less to keep as they don't them as they're already so spiritual

ReputationRep:
    "a bit jewish"?

I think the OP sounds prejewdiced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollo)
    I could tell ya, but this is easier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism
    I could tell you, but this is easier: http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Jews

ReputationRep:
    I'm Jewish by blood and I adhere to some of the elements within it...

(Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
    I'm not a Jew, just a Hindu.
    But I have a friend who is Jewish and Hispanic.
    My name is Kumar Zimmerman. I'm a HinJew.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.