The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nasher and Basher
My friend got rejected pre-interview because of his UKCAT, I think he got his via email. What was the cut-off, did they say ?

Nope, I didnt even get an E-mail, and they havent even put it on UCAS yet so I phoned them up asking whether they had received my application, they told me I'd been rejected on the basis of my UKCAT.
He got rejected a month ago- my friend. Perharps thats why theres the difference between correspondence.
Any ideas of how to spend the year now? I've no idea what to do...
Voluntaring, Learning a language, EARNING MONEY, travelling, participate in a part time, short term course in a health related field.

Write a book.
Reply 124
Riquelminho
I phoned up and thats what they told me.

wow, when i phoned they said they want it in writing and told me to go send an email or a letter instead.

I had already tried that and so has my school with my other unis but we havent recieved why i was rejected just yet.
i got 4 rejections (leicester (interview!), leeds, edinburgh and southampton), and rejected from my insurance medical sciences at edinburgh. The stupidest thing is though, that they sent me a letter saying i didnt get in there because i did not meet the academic requirements to be considered for the course.... i'm very confused, i (although probably not going to happen) am predicted 3 a's and medical sciences want 3 b's... i know its competative, but they could have given me a better reason! lol

as for next year, i have no idea. a gap year is starting to look appealing... the problem is i need to organise something to do on it, and I know you can do mediciney-experience stuff but i want to earn money not spend it!

rejections suck
Reply 126
indeed they do
they do indeed
i have to agree (yeah i choose not to pick the words "they" "do" and "indeed" :p:)

yeah im bored and have nothing better to do than say this...

indeed they do

they do indeed

Do they? Indeed. :biggrin:
Reply 130
lol
Reply 131
you guys don't half cheer me up...indeed you do (see, changed it a little)
Just to add my support for what Dr Pickles said - you really do have to teach yourself. If you just went on what you got from lectures you'd fail BIG TIME :p:.
I know have 3 weeks to teach myself Medicine!!!
Philosoraptor
Just to add my support for what Dr Pickles said - you really do have to teach yourself. If you just went on what you got from lectures you'd fail BIG TIME :p:.
I know have 3 weeks to teach myself Medicine!!!

Dammit. There goes my revision strategy.
:p:

EDIT: 4000th post wooo! (oh dear)
^Congrats :wink:
Reply 136
which uni's are you guys planning on applying to this time? same or different ones?
Yep, forced rejection. Two rejections post-interview (Peninsula & Newcastle) and two pre-interview (Leeds & Cardiff).

I've pretty much decided what to do next year though, and it's sounding sort of appealing at the moment. I'd like to work as a carer or health care assistant for six/nine months and then go abroad and spend all the money I earned previously lol :P

& I'm not re-applying to Cardiff or Peninsula, definitely applying again to Leeds & Newcastle, I'd like to apply to Manchester...and somewhere else.
Reply 138
Next year i'm applying to:

UCL-they told me to reapply after a gap year so i will lol.
Barts and the London-couldn't choose between here and bristol last time.
Newcastle-was always on the cards last time
For a fourth i have no idea. Hmm...suggestions?

What's the best medically related job to get on a gap year?
Awww sorry about your rejections/waiting lists....join the club eh?

If I take a gap year I hope to be an HCA or a phlebotomist.

Latest

Trending

Trending