As OCR Chemistry Breadth paper Watch

Cait_mitchell_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Any chance of an unofficial mark scheme? How did everyone find it??
lionike123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Answers. Multiple Choice Question.
One of them Was Double Bond 1 was Z and the Double Bond 2 was E.
The enthalpy change of formation question was +314 something.
The last question was D.
Section B:
Q=MCT one was +200 and something.
The volume question you had to rearrange PV=nrt and Volume was 300 and something.
Shape of molecule question was trigonal planar because there is three bonded regions no lone pairs which repel each other as far apart as possible,
Last Question was that there would be an absorbance peak for O-H and the C-Br absorbance peak will disappear.
The one where the student added barium chloride was that there will be a white preciptate because it is a precipitation reaction. The formula was Ag+CL- to AGCL. The how many structural isomers are there was 3,3. The Name of the structure was 2-methylpropan-1-ol. The mechanism question was multiple choice. The Organic synthesis question was the top one was an alkene, buttom left was an aldehyde,buttom right was an carboxylic acid. The Question on how to take a sample was that you use a seperating funnel and add an anhydrous salt such as calcium chloride.
fastengines
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Based on the above,
not great.
Cait_mitchell_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by lionike123)
The last question was D.
Section B:
The volume question you had to rearrange PV=nrt and Volume was 300 and something.
Shape of molecule question was trigonal planar because there is three bonded regions no lone pairs which repel each other as far apart as possible,
Last Question was that there would be an absorbance peak for O-H and the C-Br absorbance peak will disappear.
The one where the student added barium chloride was that there will be a white preciptate because it is a precipitation reaction. The formula was Ag+CL- to AGCL. The how many structural isomers are there was 3,3. The Name of the structure was 2-methylpropan-1-ol. The mechanism question was multiple choice. The Organic synthesis question was the top one was an alkene, buttom left was an aldehyde,buttom right was an carboxylic acid. The Question on how to take a sample was that you use a seperating funnel and add an anhydrous salt such as calcium chloride.
Thank you! Think I may have changed the q=MCT one to -200 and something because I thought it was exothermic because there was a temperature rise?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lionike123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cait_mitchell_)
Thank you! Think I may have changed the q=MCT one to -200 and something because I thought it was exothermic because there was a temperature rise?
It was - 200 something.

There was three main questions. In the Multiple Choice they gave formation values and you had to do products - reactants or hess law and it would give you +314 which was D in the Multiple Choice.

There was a question on enthalpy change of reaction where you had to find Q=mcdelta t. Once you found that you divide it by the number of moles and divide by 1000. The answer would have given you -200 and something because the temperature increased.

There was a pv=nrt question. You had to find the number of moles of the gas then use pv=nrt. Once you found volume that would be in m3 so you had to times it by 10 to the power of 6 which would have given you 300 and something for the volume.
Lucass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lionike123)
The last question was D.
Section B:
Agree with you on most, but the question re adding NaCl, it wouldn’t form a precipitate if the reaction had gone to completion as the Ag was already a solid, not Aq with + charge.

Also, structural isomers was 3,2 as 2-methylbutane only has 4 C in its longest chain.

The q=mct was a -ve answer as it was enthalpy of combustion( I think )

And could you please explain your around 300 pv=nRT answer as I think you have made a conversion mistake somewhere.

Thanks.
lionike123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lucass)
Agree with you on most, but the question re adding NaCl, it wouldn’t form a precipitate if the reaction had gone to completion as the Ag was already a solid, not Aq with + charge.

Also, structural isomers was 3,2 as 2-methylbutane only has 4 C in its longest chain.

The q=mct was a -ve answer as it was enthalpy of combustion( I think )

And could you please explain your around 300 pv=nRT answer as I think you have made a conversion mistake somewhere.

Thanks.
The Q=mcdelta q question was negative something. I forgot that i put a negative. The structural formula is right 100 percent. Everyone got a white precipitate it even says that in past papers. Furthermore, The volume question was i worked out the number of moles then did Pv=nrt. I added 273 to the 200 degrees to get 473k and it was 100000pa. Once you found the volume that would be in m3 but they wanted it in cm3 so you times it by 10 to the power of 6.
Lucass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Can you remember the exact values for the pv=nRT Q as that all seems similar to my working.

Also the predicate would only form if the reaction hadn’t gone to completion as there would be unreacted Ag+ ions present, whereas in completion, they were no longer Ag+ ions, but neutral Ag atoms.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
jack451
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Has anyone got the official paper or mark scheme as I wanted to compare this with the papers from previous years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.61%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.64%
No I am happy with my course choice (522)
59.32%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.43%

Watched Threads