AS Government and Politics Unit 1 retake paper

Watch
nabid61
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
OK, so the Unit 1 paper in on 24/05/18, so I ahe 2 days to revise 2 topics (elections and pressure groups) and I know absolutely nothing. I literally would not be able to answer a single question, even if it is a 5 marker.

What would be the wisest way to go about and study this in 2 days. Last year I achieved a C in that paper, but retaking for a better grade. Last year I was in the same situation.

Should I just look at some 25 markers and learn those 25 mark questions that I predict may come up since I don't have enough time to do every 25 markers.

And should I focus on 10 markers or whatever I learn from the 25 markers I can use in the 10 markers? Can this work and do the papers work like this. HELP.

Is this the best solution. Please help I have only 2 days to cover 2 chapters.
amexlvi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Learn 25 markers. Plan them, you can do a whole topic in a day, it'll be time consuming but it's a bit late to be laid back. Here's an example about how to go about planing:

A possible question could be:

To what extent do pressure groups strengthen democracy? (25).

They do:
Point- Represent minority views
Evidence- Any pressure group
Explanation- better for those who feel under-represented by a party, tyranny etc.

Point
Evidence
Explain

They do not:
Point
Evidence
Explain

Point
Evidence
Explain
nabid61
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by amexlvi)
Learn 25 markers. Plan them, you can do a whole topic in a day, it'll be time consuming but it's a bit late to be laid back. Here's an example about how to go about planing:

A possible question could be:

To what extent do pressure groups strengthen democracy? (25).

They do:
Point- Represent minority views
Evidence- Any pressure group
Explanation- better for those who feel under-represented by a party, tyranny etc.

Point
Evidence
Explain

They do not:
Point
Evidence
Explain

Point
Evidence
Explain
Would this automatically help with 10 markers when I go into the exam? I'm planning to learn about 5 25 markers for one topic (Elections/Pressure groups) and I am looking at the really old papers (2009/2010) as one of these may come up.
amexlvi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nabid61)
Would this automatically help with 10 markers when I go into the exam? I'm planning to learn about 5 25 markers for one topic (Elections/Pressure groups) and I am looking at the really old papers (2009/2010) as one of these may come up.
Yes, 25 markers often cover 10 markers, you might need one extra point, and you're sorted. Just go through past papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (29)
45.31%
Take autumn exams (23)
35.94%
Look for a job (1)
1.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (2)
3.13%
Take a year out (6)
9.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.69%

Watched Threads