tahsin23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LOVED IT. Apart from the Democracy 5 marker...
mo99_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did anyone find the pressure group question a bit ambiguous? I struggled as I wasn’t sure whether is maybe meant the status and wealth of membership or the size
isral
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mo99_)
Did anyone find the pressure group question a bit ambiguous? I struggled as I wasn’t sure whether is maybe meant the status and wealth of membership or the size
That question screwed me over, the paper was going good until that question. I am hoping democracy part of the paper saves me
mo99_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by isral)
That question screwed me over, the paper was going good until that question. I am hoping democracy part of the paper saves me
I’m so glad it isn’t just me haha, fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!
LaMemeDeDank
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey guys that was a horrible paper especially the democ bit. Do you know if they grade boundaries can actually go down? As this is purely a resit paper so the best applicants aren't likely to be sitting it and the fact some of the questions were brand new is it possible it will be a lower mark to gain a high uMS?
isral
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LaMemeDeDank)
hey guys that was a horrible paper especially the democ bit. Do you know if they grade boundaries can actually go down? As this is purely a resit paper so the best applicants aren't likely to be sitting it and the fact some of the questions were brand new is it possible it will be a lower mark to gain a high uMS?
Grade boundaries can go down, but they never go down by huge margin than it makes a huge difference. UMS don't actually change your grades, I thought they did but they will not bring you to a new grade. UMS are just for the sake of being able to compare grades across different years and different exam boards, depending on the fact that one paper may be harder than other and grade boundaries will be different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.15%
Labour (328)
42.43%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.18%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.72%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)