The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry Paper 1 2018 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsguy5503
idk because on chem revise it said what you also said but what i also said about the lid

like i said you could definitely be right because its a logical answer, its just AQA are tryhards when it comes to trying to make us lose marks
For the salt question were you supposed to round x up, cos I put 6?!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 12tastani
like i said you could definitely be right because its a logical answer, its just AQA are tryhards when it comes to trying to make us lose marks

hey dont worry u probs done amazing and got over 50 but paper 2 will be much better thats for sure
Also did anyone else get -2 Kj mol^-1 for the Change in Enthalpy because that’s what I got and I feel like it’s wrong

Yes same. We never usually get numbers like that but the majority of my class agreed so I felt more confident.
Original post by Clarareeves2001
For the salt question were you supposed to round x up, cos I put 6?!

I think it said to two decimal places. (I expect this would be only worth 1 mark though!)
Original post by James3184
What question was the mass of KI???

ClO- ions, work out mass of KI needed to react with ClO- ions
Multiple Choice (from what I can remember):

1. TiO2/TiCl4 question

Spoiler

2. Group 2 graph question

Spoiler

3. Volume question (1/2 Xe + 3/2 F2 ...)

Spoiler

4. HI + H2SO4 or something

5. Titration experiment questions
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by psc---maths
I think it said to two decimal places. (I expect this would be only worth 1 mark though!)

Ah for some reason I assumed it had to be a whole number cos u can’t have half a molecule, idk that was my logic anyway
Ah for some reason I assumed it had to be a whole number cos u can’t have half a molecule, idk that was my logic anyway

Yeah same but I remember doing a past question that allowed x to be a decimal and it makes sense

ngl it went through my head to do that too, but my teacher drills it into me to make sure I read questions properly. Pretty silly since I, personally, haven't ever came across a non integer value of x (like in other compounds).
Original post by psc---maths
ngl it went through my head to do that too, but my teacher drills it into me to make sure I read questions properly. Pretty silly since I, personally, haven't ever came across a non integer value of x (like in other compounds).

That’s really annoying, actually had no idea that was even possible, oh well

Did anyone else think that 5 marks for the TOF q was mental?? It took me about 10 minutes at least!
Reply 51
But Fs proton number is 9 and Nas is 11, I’m so confused?!😬

Na has more shielding as it is a new period, therefore F is smaller
Also did anyone else get -2 Kj mol^-1 for the Change in Enthalpy because that’s what I got and I feel like it’s wrong

Think it was -4
Product - Reactants
Original post by Adchara2
Think it was -4
Product - Reactants

Explain please?
Reply 54
can you add the marks to questions
any any predictions on grade boundaries

Sorry, I don't remember how many marks each question was.. Sorry :sad:

Original post by SaraFreire14
For the first question wasn't it Be3N2? Honestly im not to sure with that paper ://

Idek. It was something like that. I'll add that in.

u missed the question on what could be improved with hydrated salt i said add lid prevents mass escaping probs wrong

Oh yes! There was that q. I think you had to say heat it for longer so that all the water evaporates. :dontknow:

Original post by MissMilkshake
Multiple Choice (from what I can remember):

1. TiO2/TiCl4 question

Spoiler

2. Group 2 graph question

Spoiler

3. Volume question (1/2 Xe + 3/2 F2 ...)

Spoiler

4. HI + H2SO4 or something

5. Titration experiment questions

Thank you so much!! :jumphug: I'll add this on :thumbsup:
Explain please?

SINCE IT WAS ENTHALPY OF FORMATION..
WE HAD TO DO PRODUCT - REACTANTS
it was
product= (2x-4--)
reactant=(2x 4--)
then subtract both values
look at this please :biggrin::tongue:

Spoiler

What did you put for the barium meal mc question and why it could be used in medicine ?
Reply 58
Original post by oliversmith000
What did you put for the barium meal mc question and why it could be used in medicine ?

BaSO4 can be used in medicine or something like that cos it doesn't dissolve in bodily fluids.
Will add that :thumbsup:
Can people write the questions as well as the answers pls? I can't remember the questions from the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending