RUMOUR - True or False? Watch

breadnbutter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi Guys!
I'm an international student doing Edexcel A Levels- which means that I'm doing them from outside the UK.

I called my examination centre to find out the deadline for declining the grades for the Jan 2008 exams.

At first the response was "Im not sure"
When I called them again today, they said

" You are no longer allowed to decline grades from Jan 2008 exams and onwards"

They then read out a paragraph from an official notification they had received which basically said that June 2007 exams were the last exams that could be declined, and that after that exams could not be declined.

Does anyone know if this is true or false?
I would normally be inclined to not believe them, except that in this case they actually read out the paragraph from the official notification.

And also, I received this information directly from the examinations officer.

:confused: :confused:
ma2k5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I actually heard somthing like you have to state grades - and that universities will be able to see UMS marks now.
city_chic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I heard that from next year onwards, you can't decline grades and so cannot re-sit any papers. But I'm not sure of the exact truth.
rkd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The resitting system has changed - basically, you can't decline grades any more, but you don't need to decline grades to resit. Just enter for the A-level cash-in code alongside the resit modules, and you'll get a new AS/A-level taking account of your resits.
breadnbutter
Rep:
?
(Original post by rkd)
The resitting system has changed - basically, you can't decline grades any more, but you don't need to decline grades to resit. Just enter for the A-level cash-in code alongside the resit modules, and you'll get a new AS/A-level taking account of your resits.
Does that mean that if in Jan 2008 I did for example Chemistry Unit 5, but wasnt happy with the result, I just register for the exam again, and do it?(without declining)?
rkd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by breadnbutter)
Does that mean that if in Jan 2008 I did for example Chemistry Unit 5, but wasnt happy with the result, I just register for the exam again, and do it?(without declining)?
I'm pretty sure it does. I know one of my friends was able to resit two Law AS modules this January without declining it from last June.
breadnbutter
Rep:
?
(Original post by rkd)
I'm pretty sure it does. I know one of my friends was able to resit two Law AS modules this January without declining it from last June.
Thankyou
Mel16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
declining might only be for the AS-Grade, rather than each individual module - i.e. you can retake the modules as many times as you like, but after your AS year, the grade won't change if you retake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads