PC snowflakery hits peak crazy? Watch

generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Whatever level of bat$hit craziness the left manages to reach the bar just gets set higher.

Students of colour have been offered an apology for a flyer advertising a New Jersey High School Prom suggesting they "Party like its 1776!"

As a Briton I find this pretty triggering myself. How very dare they celebrate winning their independence from us! So rude. It invades my safe space that's for sure.

But from the American point of view they might as well shut up shop now. The American Revolution itself was racist by today's standards, apparently. Stick a fork in that great country and its whole history. It's done.

http://www.newsweek.com/cherry-hill-...76-prom-935562
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
By that token, there should be an apology every time a Democrat wins anything, ever.
generallee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
By that token, there should be an apology every time a Democrat wins anything, ever.
True. Amazing how the modern Democrats try and pretend they weren't the Party of Slavery.

America can tear itself apart over this kind of stuff, I guess, it is sad, but not my country. What is irritating is that this sort of bo11ocks finds its way over here.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Presumably, these people think that events before 1865 should be expunged from the history books. What has America come to? I ask not because of the complaints made - you'll always get idiots trying things on in the name of publicity - but because academic leaders give in to them, or even dignify them with a response.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
giving snowflakes a bad name.
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's the flipping unis doing this to the kids, places like Berkeley Uni and the like. They've been churning out some of the more uneducated people we have ever seen, in terms of understanding of the world around them and this game of trying to insulate them from anything or anyone that may just let them know about it is creepy.

It is true that for the left to make any inroads they first have to remove any vestige of a thinking ability from people but boy, have they been doing a good job of it. It's all there in the conspiracy theory, all boxes ticked. It's not the kids but the handlers we need to watch.
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by zhog)
It's the flipping unis doing this to the kids, places like Berkeley Uni and the like. They've been churning out some of the more uneducated people we have ever seen, in terms of understanding of the world around them and this game of trying to insulate them from anything or anyone that may just let them know about it is creepy.

It is true that for the left to make any inroads they first have to remove any vestige of a thinking ability from people but boy, have they been doing a good job of it. It's all there in the conspiracy theory, all boxes ticked. It's not the kids but the handlers we need to watch.
i blame the internet and outrage culture. outrage is so hot right now. everyone is mad all the time, both the left and the right. personally, i only have so much time in the day to be mad at things, i have to pick and choose.
generallee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joleee)
i blame the internet and outrage culture. outrage is so hot right now. everyone is mad all the time, both the left and the right. personally, i only have so much time in the day to be mad at things, i have to pick and choose.
It is worst than that though. It isn't even genuine outrage, but faux for political gain.

I sense the tide is turning, mind you. Stephen Fry gave a great performance the other day on this very topic. He was debating on the same side as Jordan Peterson, but interestingly overshadowed him, as Peterson himself later admitted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFcc3KtTRo
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by generallee)
It is worst than that though. It isn't even genuine outrage, but faux for political gain.

I sense the tide is turning, mind you. Stephen Fry gave a great performance the other day on this very topic. He was debating on the same side as Jordan Peterson, but interestingly overshadowed him, as Peterson himself later admitted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFcc3KtTRo
ooh i just started watching but i liked when Fry criticised our preference to be right instead of effective. that's basically my philosophy on life. lol
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah, peak snowflake is all those delicate TSRians expressing outrage over the word gammon. A 300 post thread and growing.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sulfolobus)
Nah, peak snowflake is all those delicate TSRians expressing outrage over the word gammon. A 300 post thread and growing.
I think you will find that, in the thread you mention, not a single person has expressed outrage at the use of that word. There was discussion about the use of insults, whether 'gammon' is racist, whether it is consistent to use such an insult while trying to ban insults against your own favoured causes and other related matters, but no outrage of its use as I recall.
Joleee
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sulfolobus)
yass!!
username3672344
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whatever level of bat$hit craziness the left manages to reach the bar just gets set higher.

Students of colour have been offered an apology for a flyer advertising a New Jersey High School Prom suggesting they "Party like its 1776!"

As a Briton I find this pretty triggering myself. How very dare they celebrate winning their independence from us! So rude. It invades my safe space that's for sure.

But from the American point of view they might as well shut up shop now. The American Revolution itself was racist by today's standards, apparently. Stick a fork in that great country and its whole history. It's done.

http://www.newsweek.com/cherry-hill-...76-prom-935562
Weren't you just complaining about the word 'gammon'being used?

As usual, your hypocrisy shines through.
username3672344
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
I think you will find that, in the thread you mention, not a single person has expressed outrage at the use of that word. There was discussion about the use of insults, whether 'gammon' is racist, whether it is consistent to use such an insult while trying to ban insults against your own favoured causes and other related matters, but no outrage of its use as I recall.
Tbh there was, have a look at the OPs posts in that thread. Also there was another poster going on about how it represented a leftist conspiracy against white people or some cr*p.

The OP cannot credibly complain about the word gammon being used, as he did, and then complain about PC culture.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What are you waffling about...?
rhaegar442
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
That's if you ignore history and the swapping of the parties.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rhaegar442)
That's if you ignore history and the swapping of the parties.
To believe in this party swapping thing is to ignore history. It’s just a myth peddled by Democrats to make excuses for themselves and doesn’t even make sense. Democrats have been all over the south forever even in recent times. Bill Clinton the obvious example. It was Republicans in the federal government enforcing civil rights against opposition from Southern Democrats.

This is - as you say - historical fact. Take Alabama. Every governor until very recently was a Democrat and Alabama was a blue state.

Who was it that opposed segregation in schools? Democratic governors and congressmen. Who was it that imposed civil rights and sent Federal Agents to protect black school children? Republicans.
generallee
Rep:
?
(Original post by DeBruyne18)
Weren't you just complaining about the word 'gammon'being used?

As usual, your hypocrisy shines through.
There is a difference between an intended insult (comparing someone's face to a piece of meat because you disagree with their political views) and the supine character displayed by the Principal of this High School in apologising to black pupils for holding a Prom celebrating the Country's Declaration of Independence.

Having said that the former is really just the cut and thrust of political debate. People insult their political opponents, always have and always will. Sure I will post on a thread deprecating the term, but in reality it is no biggie.

The latter though is something much more serious. When a country can no longer celebrate its own founding, its own history, it is in trouble, deep trouble.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://media.giphy.com/media/iopC7YspwVClW/giphy.gif
username3672344
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is a difference between an intended insult (comparing someone's face to a piece of meat because you disagree with their political views) and the supine character displayed by the Principal of this High School in apologising to black pupils for holding a Prom celebrating the Country's Declaration of Independence.

Having said that the former is really just the cut and thrust of political debate. People insult their political opponents, always have and always will. Sure I will post on a thread deprecating the term, but in reality it is no biggie.

The latter though is something much more serious. When a country can no longer celebrate its own founding, its own history, it is in trouble, deep trouble.
There's no difference between calling someone 'gammon' and calling someone a snowflake, sjw, libtard etc. They're all petty insults.

I also note that a while back you were going on about how ugly people thar disagreed with you were. Again, that's your prerogative and I don't have a problem with it.

What you can't do, with any credibility, is claim to be against pc snowflakery culture and then moan about people using the word gammon. You also can't claim to be against identity politics yet then support White identity politics.

I guess you can actually. It just makes you a hypocrite.

On the issue of this thread, I agree with you. I call out pc snowflakery on the right and left. It's a shame you are so selective when you apply those standards though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (429)
58.85%
Yes- I don't like it (39)
5.35%
No- I want it (211)
28.94%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.86%

Watched Threads