The Student Room Group

PC snowflakery hits peak crazy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeBruyne18

I also note that a while back you were going on about how ugly people thar disagreed with you were. Again, that's your prerogative and I don't have a problem with it.

Ha ha ha!

You really seem almost obsessed with me, I had quite forgotten that thread. And you obviously do have a problem with it!

I don't think that people who disagree with me are ugly. I simply quoted an analysis that suggests that right wing people are on average more sexually attractive than those on the left. Then I made a joke about how some feminists could do with a bit of a wash, some clean clothes and a nice hair cut.

It was a joke.

Duh!

(And I am not wrong am I?) :biggrin:
Original post by Trinculo
To believe in this party swapping thing is to ignore history. It’s just a myth peddled by Democrats to make excuses for themselves and doesn’t even make sense. Democrats have been all over the south forever even in recent times. Bill Clinton the obvious example. It was Republicans in the federal government enforcing civil rights against opposition from Southern Democrats.

This is - as you say - historical fact. Take Alabama. Every governor until very recently was a Democrat and Alabama was a blue state.

Who was it that opposed segregation in schools? Democratic governors and congressmen. Who was it that imposed civil rights and sent Federal Agents to protect black school children? Republicans.

The party swap is history. It's not something you "believe in". Go and learn what happened when Roosevelt came into power.

Only on the internet will you see degenerate unintelligent uneducated right wingers telling the world what you learnt in GCSE history is wrong.
Original post by rhaegar442
The party swap is history. It's not something you "believe in". Go and learn what happened when Roosevelt came into power.

Only on the internet will you see degenerate unintelligent uneducated right wingers telling the world what you learnt in GCSE history is wrong.

So Roosevelt wasn’t a Republican and all these Southern Governors weren’t Democrats? Ok.

These Deep South states weren’t always Blue states and continued to be for years after? Ok.

Little Rock wasn’t a Republican President sending federal troops to a southern state to overbear a racist Democrat governor?

Post Eisenhower, you still have openly racist Democrats in power in the South. George Wallace being immortalised for being so. Where and when are you saying the party switch happened?

Just because you want to believe a sociological theory doesn’t make it true.
So Roosevelt wasn’t a Republican and all these Southern Governors weren’t Democrats? Ok.

These Deep South states weren’t always Blue states and continued to be for years after? Ok.

Little Rock wasn’t a Republican President sending federal troops to a southern state to overbear a racist Democrat governor?

Post Eisenhower, you still have openly racist Democrats in power in the South. George Wallace being immortalised for being so. Where and when are you saying the party switch happened?

Please learn GCSE history.

I've always wondered why conservatives in the UK are desperate to skew american history like it's got anything to do with you. Retard
Reply 24

i'm not entirely sure what the point is about the party swapping(?) but i'm pretty sure that america was founded on co-operative racism for a very long time. they couldn't have created genocide of native americans or had slavery for 400 years without it. on that note, i'm sure Lincoln didn't end slavery out of the goodness of his heart.

yup, everyone was a racist back then; was that the point?
Original post by Joleee
i'm not entirely sure what the point is about the party swapping(?) but i'm pretty sure that america was founded on co-operative racism for a very long time. they couldn't have created genocide of native americans or had slavery for 400 years without it. on that note, i'm sure Lincoln didn't end slavery out of the goodness of his heart.

yup, everyone was a racist back then; was that the point?

Yes they were all racist I mean that's a given. But the parties switched platforms as the democrats supported black civil rights whereas the republicans didnt. So the republicans of today would have been democrats back then.
Reply 26
Yes they were all racist I mean that's a given. But the parties switched platforms as the democrats supported black civil rights whereas the republicans didnt. So the republicans of today would have been democrats back then.

i'll have to take your word for it, i don't know anything about american political history.

doesn't surprise me though. politics changes with society and politicians choose what's convenient for them at the time. for example, Trump switching views on abortion and Clinton switching views on same-sex marriage.

sometimes i wish we wouldn't be so married to a 'party' but just to good ideas. guess most of us don't have time for so much thinking. lol
Original post by generallee
Ha ha ha!

You really seem almost obsessed with me, I had quite forgotten that thread. And you obviously do have a problem with it!

I don't think that people who disagree with me are ugly. I simply quoted an analysis that suggests that right wing people are on average more sexually attractive than those on the left. Then I made a joke about how some feminists could do with a bit of a wash, some clean clothes and a nice hair cut.

It was a joke.

Duh!

(And I am not wrong am I?) :biggrin:

How is making a joke about people looking like pork any worse than one about feminists needing a wash? Both are absolutely fine. And I'm consistent in my opposition to snowflake culture.

I don't have a problem with jokes. But you can't make 'jokes' yourself and then complain when others do.

You can't moan about pc snowflakery culture and then complain about people using the word gammon.

Ultimately you are a snowflake, who can't handle being challenged. Every time someone on the left take the piss out of those on the right, you complain about how mean they are.

Why do you never criticise the right for doing exactly the same as you criticise the left for?
the democrats supported black civil rights whereas the republicans didnt.

That is demonstrably untrue, though. As has already been alluded to, the Arkansas governor who refused to allow racial integration in schools, and caused federal troops to be sent in to change his mind, was a Democrat. The president that sent in the national guard to enforce desegregation was a Republican.
Original post by Joleee
i'll have to take your word for it, i don't know anything about american political history.

doesn't surprise me though. politics changes with society and politicians choose what's convenient for them at the time. for example, Trump switching views on abortion and Clinton switching views on same-sex marriage.

sometimes i wish we wouldn't be so married to a 'party' but just to good ideas. guess most of us don't have time for so much thinking. lol

http://factmyth.com/factoids/democrats-and-republicans-switched-platforms/

I guess it's wrong to call it a switch, it was something that took many years but the turning point was in 1964 after Kennedy's assassination when the civil rights act were pushed and all the southern democrats were outraged and sought out a new party, until Nixon came along and said he was in support of white southerners. And Nixon was what? A republican ofc.
Original post by Good bloke
That is demonstrably untrue, though. As has already been alluded to, the Arkansas governor who refused to allow racial integration in schools, and caused federal troops to be sent in to change his mind, was a Democrat. The president that sent in the national guard to enforce desegregation was a Republican.

Read post 60.

I appreciate that I am just an uneducated, right wing retard, and everything, but even I know that it was the Republican Party who emancipated the slaves.

They also tried to improve their lot during Reconstruction. It was the Democratic Party, who dominated the South during that unfortunate period, who subjugated them when they regained political power in the former Confederacy.

The Jim Crow laws were a creation of the Democrats not the Republicans. In fact, arguably, they were introduced by Southern Democrats against Northern Republicans.
I appreciate that I am just an uneducated, right wing retard, and everything, but even I know that it was the Republican Party who emancipated the slaves.

They also tried to improve their lot during Reconstruction. It was the Democratic Party, who dominated the South during that unfortunate period, who subjugated them when they regained political power in the former Confederacy.

The Jim Crow laws were a creation of the Democrats not the Republicans. In fact, arguably, they were introduced by Southern Democrats against Northern Republicans.

The republicans of today are the democrats of the past. As shown when Lyndon Johnson came in and signed the bill after JFKs assassination, which caused the southern democrats to leave the democrats and supported Nixon, a republican.

The party switch I learnt during GCSE history. That's why I said you were uneducated. I know that you're probably deliberately doing this because right wingers are the most manipulative breed of idiots.

Considering the back vote pretty much went entirely to the Democrats, it really does prove the party swap.

The likes of Lincoln would never be welcome in the Republican party today.

The parties essentially swapped positions and anyone with any knowledge of Us politics knows that.

The Republican party of Lincoln is a million miles from the Republican party today.

Hence the black and minority vote went virtually in its entirety to the Democrats a long time ago. And hence Texas going from safe Democrat to sage Republican.
Original post by DeBruyne18
How is making a joke about people looking like pork any worse than one about feminists needing a wash? Both are absolutely fine. And I'm consistent in my opposition to snowflake culture.

I don't have a problem with jokes. But you can't make 'jokes' yourself and then complain when others do.

You can't moan about pc snowflakery culture and then complain about people using the word gammon.

Ultimately you are a snowflake, who can't handle being challenged. Every time someone on the left take the piss out of those on the right, you complain about how mean they are.

Why do you never criticise the right for doing exactly the same as you criticise the left for?

The most useful approach to take here is to expose the hypocrisy of the left for supporting censorship lest someone weak might get offended, but then wax lyrical about meat-headed men. To support the freedom to spout about "gammon", but expose the double standards for doing so.

Reason not emotion
Read post 60.

How? I cannot see into the future. There are only just over thirty posts in the thread.
The republicans of today are the democrats of the past. As shown when Lyndon Johnson came in and signed the bill after JFKs assassination, which caused the southern democrats to leave the democrats and supported Nixon, a republican.

True, but that doesn't stop the Democrats being the historic party of slavery, does it?

Nor does the fact that the Southern Democrats deserted the Party in the sixties negate the national GOP's proud history of dismantling slavery.
Please learn GCSE history.

I've always wondered why conservatives in the UK are desperate to skew american history like it's got anything to do with you. Retard

These things you are saying are not borne out by record. You’re talking about GCSE history as though it’s the high water mark of knowledge. That’s not what the study is history is - and calling people names because they don’t share your opinion isn’t history either.

Quite simply- the Democratic Party was the party of slavery and the party of racism. This was the case right up until recently.

Did black people start to vote blue? Yes.

Did white people in the south start to vote red? Yes.

Did these things have anything to do with race? Very very little.

You talk about historical fact- it’s well outside the GCSE history syllabus that racist south started Democrat and stayed Blue all the way through the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s - of dozens of Dixiecrat senators and governors how many moved to the Republican Party? One? Two?

Black people started voting Democrat when? Under Roosevelt. Not under Kennedy or Johnson or Nixon. Blacks were voting overwhelmingly Blue well before the civil rights movement whenever the Democrats were outwardly racist and the KKK was pretty much an open part of the party.
Original post by rockrunride
The most useful approach to take here is to expose the hypocrisy of the left for supporting censorship lest someone weak might get offended, but then wax lyrical about meat-headed men. To support the freedom to spout about "gammon", but expose the double standards for doing so.

Reason not emotion

Except I'm not doing that. I strongly criticise pc culture on the left. The difference is I also criticise it on the right. I'm consistent, unlike the OP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending